Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thankful Life - January 13, 2015

Today, it's more than amazing grace... it's amazing mercies too.

Thankful for so many things... Knowing God is the light of my existence, especially when so much seems to darken this walk; life delivers many things and we have the opportunity to conquer it all when we accept God's never ending gifts. All of which we can glean in the Word. This week, I have been reading through Isaiah 40… You cannot help but be encouraged. I am encouraged!

I have felt a bit desert marooned, but that's okay. I have many moments to "be still" and reflect... to seek God.. to pursue the love of my Savior... to trust and see my life executed with the guide of the Holy Spirit... it is not perfect - I struggle, yet it is a wonderful journey. I am heading into my sixth month of this tough cycle on this Lyme journey; there is the normal physical pain, new symptoms and so many questions... but God shows me He is here with instruction, comfort and answers. I have had a bit of a reprieve these past few days, respite from the severe pain and little spurts of energy have helped tremendously.

Last night was a night of rest and soaking. As I listened to God's Word and some beautiful "spontaneous worship" music allowing it all to soak in, I melted into the LORD's presence. I just sat and listened and invited the peace and comfort to take hold. It was a great evening to allow the light to not only flow over and through me, but to overflow my heart and mind with God's assurance that He is always here. 

I love this... ISAIAH 40:1-2
“"Comfort, O comfort My people,” says your God.“Speak kindly to Jerusalem; And call out to her, that her warfare has ended, That her iniquity has been removed, That she has received of the Lord’s hand Double for all her sins.” 
If you read on... WOW... ISAIAH 40:8
"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever."

Paying attention... HEARING what is said... ISAIAH 40:21-22
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been declared to you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in."

And finally the greatest of assurances in God's Word... What say you? ISAIAH 40:31
"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles,They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." 
(New American Standard Bible)


Heavenly Father we thank you for this day… For many, it has been a struggle… But I pray that in the midst of whatever is going on Father, we can see your grace and mercies in abundance. That we not just hang on to your promises, but we begin to live them. Lord I am speaking to myself today with this prayer. Help me to seek you more in this trial. Help me praise you more in all circumstances. Let me be ever aware to witness your amazing hope! It's in Christ Jesus we pray, Amen.

Yes, the wilderness is a place of preparation. God is with you in the wilderness, there is no doubt about it. Worship Him...and I continue to prepare by seeking my God, and giving every day to Him. My prayer is that you will too. I pray you will know God's calling into your life and seek Him diligently... wholly!

Today allow God to take you from the busyness, So that you can meet Him in the place to "rest in Him" And "be still" for His voice. This is the place to learn God's provision.

God's arms are open wide and waiting for you to come to Him. Whatever sin, whatever heartache, whatever shame or fear resides in you… Know that in an instant all of it can be lifted. Come to Jesus, repent of the sin and let go of the shame because Jesus saves.

Oh how He loves you!

SOAK IT IN. 

©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankulLife‬
‪#‎GivingThanksDaily‬
‪#‎LifeinColorandWORDs‬

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.