Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Thankful Life - January 21, 2015


This journey has me thankful and grateful. 

I am definitely not taking this "lying down"... I am soaking in my LORD's grace and mercies daily... and I trust His healing... my body is sick, but my soul IS HEALED... I have been able to use my faith while sitting with my doctor, in the waiting room, and through my Lamenting... God does allow sickness, along with His healing. My treasure is in His Word in the strength I get to hang onto every day.

"By His Stripes" is a soul answer, which I am so grateful for that "by His stripes" I am His for eternity and I am assured of a place in my Father's house... "pick up my mat" has not been decreed in this time, yet... YET, I am expectant that in God's time, through His strength and favor, change will be seen and used for HIS GLORY. I am excited to see Him work.

Job's pleading did not 'warrant' sickness, Paul's asking for the removal of the thorn was heard and answered by our mighty and faithful God, in His time and by His will. I trust my God and believe His will for my life, including this illness.

My research, my preparation has led to many conversations I would not have had otherwise to witness, pray for... AND SEE GOD IN AMAZING WAYS...

I have not given up... have not laid down to die with this.

GOD HAS healing for us me… But we cannot dictate what healing I will receive or that we even deserve it because I chose Him. I will not pretend to have faith like that. But I will be expectant in this life. My God has amazing things for me, including healing.

Daily I am thankful for that assurance, and daily I thank Him for His promises. I am even thankful for the well meaning friends and family who are determined to help me with my faith. It gives me great opportunity to seek my father more, and more diligently! All I want is to pursue god's will for my life… Whatever that endurance is for this to be done, let it be. Father God help me to not have a broken heart for the words of somebody else. Help me to seek Your Word. To fill the void in the gap that this world, illness, doubt, disappointment, Satan tries to deliver.

I am Yours! And because of that I am a force to be reckoned with. Obviously, the Holy Spirit is the force to be reckoned with when it comes to me, a child of God, daughter of the King!

My heart laments... and my soul is confirmed. 

How long with this take? 
As long as it takes.
What will I learn? 
Whatever the Lord deems necessary for this time.
How can I endure? 
Only by the grace and mercies of my Heavenly Father will I endure.

The Year of the Lord’s Favor
 ISAIAH 61 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me    to proclaim good news to the poor.He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives    and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor    and the day of vengeance of our God,to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty    instead of ashes,the oil of joy instead of mourning,and a garment of praise    instead of a spirit of despair.They will be called oaks of righteousness,    a planting of the Lord    for the display of his splendor. 4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins    and restore the places long devastated;they will renew the ruined cities    that have been devastated for generations.5 Strangers will shepherd your flocks;    foreigners will work your fields and vineyards.6 And you will be called priests of the Lord,    you will be named ministers of our God.You will feed on the wealth of nations,    and in their riches you will boast.7 Instead of your shame    you will receive a double portion,and instead of disgrace    you will rejoice in your inheritance.And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,    and everlasting joy will be yours.8 “For I, the Lord, love justice;    I hate robbery and wrongdoing.In my faithfulness I will reward my people    and make an everlasting covenant with them.9 Their descendants will be known among the nations    and their offspring among the peoples.All who see them will acknowledge    that they are a people the Lord has blessed.”10 I delight greatly in the Lord;    my soul rejoices in my God.For he has clothed me with garments of salvation    and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.11 For as the soil makes the sprout come up    and a garden causes seeds to grow,so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness    and praise spring up before all nations.
I cannot fathom the love my Father in heaven has for me, and for each and every one of us. How much more He loves me, and us that we can even begin to imagine. He came and lived so we can have an example... He suffered and died so we can live in eternity with Him. This life is temporary, my home is in my Father's house... not now, but in His time. So today, I live to the fullest, exploiting my faith and embracing the gifts He has given to do so.

My heart overflows with the thought of You LORD.


©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankulLife‬
‪#‎GivingThanksDaily‬
‪#‎LifeinColorandWORDs‬

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.