Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Thankful Life - January 28, 2015



It has been a busy seven days - one with every emotion and "feeling". From a couple tough days at work, to being tapped out emotionally and physically exhausting, followed up by a memorial service for a family friend. And all throughout, I know that God was there... and is here now!
Help me to see the broken through my own brokenness Father.. and show compassion, not contention or judgment. As my own heart breaks, let it also break for others. LORD, thank You for pursuing me and my faithful heart to be YET MORE faithful.

I hate conflict - I hate the unnecessary efforts of others to create it and escalate it ... just saying.
LORD help me with my ability to stay calm today.

We cannot be 'concerned' with what others think, or even do. We set our sights on Jesus and depend on the Holy Spirit to move what He moves... when we are wrong, admit it, apologize, change the behavior and move on... dwell in the possibilities of change - change of circumstance, change of heart, change of perceptions.

As I mentioned, my husband and I went to a memorial for a friend today. He died on December 26th of last year… He was 81, he was a very private man with a few friends. He came from a very different lifestyle that I personally cannot comprehend, and do not agree with… But I do know that God finds a way. In his bedroom I saw the Bible on the dresser, and his longtime friend from the same lifestyle, said that our friend read the Bible all the time. HOPE... We can live in the hope that God pursues us until we take our last breath! We can be encouraged that God is God, especially since sin is sin!

I hope I can shine His love in His strength more often... it's a fine line and many defining moments to love anyone in their sin... I was thinking about this for so long... we all sin, and sin of the flesh is sin of the flesh (which about covers most sin). The enemy's drawing of us, our own disobedience can lead to horrendous sin, but God loves us and always goes back for the one that has strayed... I pray for our protection against such atrocities, but they will come... the temptation will be put before us... and sin will occur. That is why we must stay in the WORD... seek Him, Praise Him... and be moved by Him in our every moment.

"For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.  It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’” " ~Romans 14:7-11 (New International Version)

Heavenly Father we just come to you today and we pray for Your understanding of things. We ask for the faith to do what we have the power to do… And trust that You will do the rest. Help us Father to submit it, to give it up, whatever it is. We pray for strength and endurance for those with illnesses, emotionally, physically and most of all the spiritual battles that are faced daily. It's in Your strength we stand and trust… And bow. We ask for the Holy Spirit to guide and to correct, to help us grow in the knowledge that is Yours. Let it be your will Lord Father… Your will, in Christ Jesus we pray.

©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
#ThankfulLife
#LifeincolorandWORDS
#LymeLifeHOPE


Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.