Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thankful Life - January 7, 2015

"Faith reveals itself in action…" Heard this morning on Thru the Bible Radio, J Vernon McGee


I really have been consumed with research and questions during this past 4 months. My prayer time in the morning has been worrisome, disrupted and scattered... And, what I am sensing through the Holy Spirit is that this is truly a time of talking with my heavenly Father in any way and all ways possible.  I have been told that it should be undistracted, focused and uncomplicated. I am mostly distracted generally.. and focus is almost impossible right now, and really what does uncomplicated mean? This life is complicated. This part of my journey is a mess outside of God, and because of His mercies and grace I survive nicely.

I am not a great 'waker upper' - it takes me time to snap out of the sleep and dream-like persona. So I begin my day by listening to His Word... I put on the Bible and take in the words. This morning I listened to Isaiah 42-47, and the word that popped today was "LISTEN", and my immediate thought was, "LORD God help me to listen and hear and abide."

AS I PRAY
Sometimes I sit quietly... waiting to speak until I know I can or should. But even then I want to listen, "be still", "rest in Him"... LORD, I want to seek You like this every day of my life. I just want to be real and honest... complete and engaging, so that is what I seek, what I ask of my heart, mind and actions as I go before my Abba Father. And, this morning this was my prayer.

Let us praise our Creator, our mighty God and Father. Let this be done not just on the days that are good… But every day, because He is good.

Heavenly Father I thank You this morning for the road that is much longer than I would've chosen. For the right turns that were wrong turns and the roadblocks and all that has occurred these last few years. I can look back to Your interventions, and use of my own bad decisions, as well as Your direction and confirmation. Today I want to thank You mostly for those who stand in prayer with me on this journey. I'm greatly humbled and honored to be among such a loving and caring people. Thank you for my family, because without them I might've missed seeing Your love daily. Thank You for the work in the life my husband, who has grown in to the most loving and compassionate partner. Thank You for your continuing pursuance of his heart and soul. Thank You for sanctifying my household and guiding me through many troubled waters. Father God I lift those up to You today who do not know You so they will dwell in places that you exist, but do not because they are blinded. Help those who suffer from illness, that they will be moved to do what is in their power and wholly trust You for the rest… including me LORD. Help me to see You throughout my day Lord Jesus and seek the strength of the Holy Spirit in all the moments. It's in Your Son's glorious and precious name I pray and trust. Amen.
"[ Be Imitators of God ] Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma." ~Ephesians 5:1-2 (New American Standard Bible)

©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankulLife‬
‪#‎GivingThanksDaily‬
‪#‎LifeincolorandWORDs‬

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.