Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Thankful Life - February 25, 2015


As I sit here today, contemplating so many things in this life – my family, friends and those I have yet to meet – I realize how very fortunate I am, and how ungrateful I can be. My life has contained a plethora of unnoticed blessings, either from an unwillingness to look outside of myself, or stubbornness to be unwilling in general. I am not sharing this to be a “downer”, but to publicly note that I recognize that changes in me still need to occur. I am truly a work in progress, admittedly… “a work in progress”, but it’s when I recognize God’s part is to pursue me, it’s my job to PURSUE HIM EVEN MORE DILIGENTLY.

"The Lord is my portion." ~Psalms 119:57a

I have focused so much on "researching" this illness, that I have gotten off-track with the true goal. This past week, I have worked very hard to re-gear and rest in the knowledge of my Savior, His healing (that I have already received), His comfort and His plans... not just for 'my life', but HIS PERFECT PLAN to be received by others. No matter what is going on in our lives, in my life, I must remain in pursuit of His will. I must trust that all that "is" will be fleshed out and I can one day see some kind of assemblance of the outcome. My part is small, but the affects of His work in me is huge. I still have questions... I still have needs... yet, He is the whole answer and has already provided for me. How do I see this in every day life? How do I pursue and reap all that has been given in full?

"Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-Jireh, the LORD is my provider. As it is said to this day, “In the LORD’s mountain it will be provided.”" ~Genesis 22:14

Although I tire and become weary, more than I am prepared for... or desire, I will not be downtrodden, for He is my everything and my peace in all things. In my exhaustion, I find that my motivation is at an all time low and life just seems to be disrupted in so many ways. Although I have had many moments of being overwhelmed by research, decisions and 'getting through the day', I have found so much joy in the moments when I TRULY SEEK MY FATHER's presence. He TRULY sustains me through it all. I can look not at the individual moments, but on the time that passed and I saw Him in those moments.

"Have you not known? have you not heard? The everlasting God, The LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn’t faint, neither is weary; there is no searching of his understanding. He gives power to the faint; and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but those who wait for The LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint." ~Isaiah 40:28-31

NET Bible

©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankulLife‬
‪#‎GivingThanksDaily‬
‪#‎LifeinColorandWORDs

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.