Saturday, March 14, 2015

Thankful Life - March 14, 2014


I agree that there are many things spiritually that "sound right", and are very attractive to us, and as believers in Christ and His work through suffering, dying and resurrecting we must be aware of things that are out there. And, without the Holy Spirit, a community of believers (our church family), and biblical obedience, we can open ourselves up to be deceived. For me, I keep it simple... I seek to spend more time in the Word (the Bible) for the answers I seek, but learning to seek Him alone is really all the answer I need. I believe when we allow our minds to absorb other writings,we can have our hearts deceived.... the mind wants what the heart desires... the heart desires, often times what feels good... gives us a sense of blessing. "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14 Complete truth is found in the LORD, His Word and in His works; we can know His truth by engaging with Him through the words He so lovingly poured out to us. This to me is exciting. And for Him I am so thankful.
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" Revelation 22:13
A devotional, "Christian" book, snippets of scripture are ways to direct us deeper to the WORD, not a replacement. I have seen many "seek" God in all the wrong places - where others are writing their own (per)version of "god's" instruction, and it is attractive... because it sounds good, feels good to read, YET falls short, and in it we fall short of knowing HIS GLORY. My friends, our study is the Holy Scripture.
"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:18-19
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105
Be cautious of what you read, what you allow to penetrate your mind and thoughts... Curiosity, often should be replaced with Surety. "Test everything" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). There are holes in writings outside of God's, including me and our group Ps139 group). We must be open to the Holy Spirit to share what we are led to live out, share with others... I don't quote many teachers, on purpose... I prefer to keep things simple: me+God. wink emoticon
GOOD PRACTICE: To use the Word to relay the gospel message and hope... we can share our own words as well through testimonials and encouragement. But allow the Words to be those that come from familiarity of the Word.
The "great commission" is to spread the gospel and help build disciples... Let us focus on that and staying steady in the Word, and we will accomplish this on these pages that so many see.
I have always prefered to go directly to scripture.... and read commentaries. I would love to see this more. God blesses us greatly through His instruction and we will grow greatly when we are obedient in this manner.
SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM. as we all do, and the LORD will bless us as we work for HIM...
Have a wonderful weekend my friends.


#ThankfulLife
#GivingThanksDaily
#LymeLifeHOPE
(c) 2015 Shawn Boreta

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.