Monday, March 16, 2015

Thankful Life - March 16, 2015

"The birth of Jesus Christ happened like this. When Mary was engaged to Joseph, just before their marriage, she was discovered to be pregnant—by the Holy Spirit. Whereupon Joseph, her future husband, who was a good man and did not want to see her disgraced, planned to break off the engagement quietly. But while he was turning the matter over in his mind an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife! What she has conceived is conceived through the Holy Spirit, and she will give birth to a son, whom you will call Jesus (‘the Saviour’) for it is he who will save his people from their sins.” ~Matthew 1:18-21 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

As I read through Matthew today, my third day reading the first few chapters, I was struck when reading the Phillips version, way in which it is worded... "But while he (being Joseph) was turning the matter over in his mind..." How often do we contemplate, "turn" things over in our minds and depend on our own understand, rather than seek God in the process? The chances of an angel coming to us in a dream to help us with a decision might be pretty slim, however, that is what "dwelling in the Word" is for to lead us rightly to the LORD's will and purpose in our life. "Your word is a lamp that gives light wherever I walk." ~Psalm 119:105 (Common English Version)

I am floored by how faithful God is, even when I struggle to see His instruction. As we continue our journey to KNOW God, I believe we can learn so much from one another, while learning ALL THAT GOD HAS for each one of us.

#ThankfulLife
#GivingThanksDaily
#LymeLifeHOPE

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.