Monday, March 30, 2015

Thankful Life - March 30, 2015


My birthday month is almost over. I cannot believe I am not 50. And, regardless of the day, I will rejoice and celebrate for mine is a life of blessings and favor. TODAY I am covered in prayer - those who pray and I know, and those who pray and I do not, thank you.

"who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with loyal love and mercies,
who satisfies your life with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." ~Psalm 103:4-5 (Lexham English Bible)



YESTERDAY, WE CELEBRATED! And took the #LymeDiseaseChallenge... join us!
TAKE THE LYME DISEASE CHALLENGE








I am grateful for having a short memory, especially these days - it serves me well so often. There are moments in this life when I feel like I have gone through so much, and others that feel like the blessings never cease. I much prefer the latter outlook and pray for that every day. I truly am grateful for this life of lessons and challenges, FOR WITHOUT THEM, I WOULD NOT KNOW MY GOD - MY SAVIOR - MY SOURCE.

I grow daily in my understanding of "treasures", His treasures! Today, for example - as I felt the overwhelming sadness and fear start to creep in, I heard familiar voices who I knew would pray for me... help me overcome myself and reestablish the armor of my heart... guarding in all that He has provided, and provides - while fending off all that this life delivers; that this world has to offer.

"When He called His disciples and the people around him, and said to them, “If anyone wants to follow in my footsteps, he must give up all right to himself, take up his cross and follow me. The man who tries to save his life will lose it; it is the man who loses his life for my sake and the Gospel’s who will save it. What good can it do a man to gain the whole world at the price of his own soul? What can a man offer to buy back his soul once he has lost it? If anyone is ashamed of Me and My words in this unfaithful and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in the Father’s glory with the holy angels around Him.” ~Mark 8:34-38 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

By no means do I believe my physical suffering is 'my cross to bear', but it is the reality of the life we have hear as we are earthbound - I believe He carried it already, and I live to appreciate Him for that. I say this, and share that I cannot focus on what challenges are 'a cross' or what challenges are here to teach me and help me grow toward Him. Someday, if it's important, He will let me know the different. I am grateful to know my King and His work that was freely given, freely offered, yet accepted not near enough. There are so many I pray for, and it is in the hope of sanctification that I live in HOPE and trust in HOPE.

This journey, although not what I would have chosen for myself is perfect and necessary... it is pre-determined and covered by a mighty and faithful God. Even as I mess up, and get sidetracked - He knew and prepared and continues to prepare me... Thank You LORD for never leaving me and giving me more than enough daily. It is my pleasure to seek You more, TRUST You MORE and believe Your plan more diligently.

TOMORROW, I return to do a follow up visit with my LLD office. For the last 26 days I have been taking, and ramping up dosage of an antimicrobial (Lyme formula developed by my LLMD) and a microbial balancer. Overall, I am no worse for the wear.

The first 17 days were met with some herx reactions, which included increased symptoms (headaches, face and neck numbness, lightheadedness and a little more exhaustion, muscle twitching, skin and muscle burning). Plus some new, not threatening, but annoying symptoms (nausea/vomiting, sweats-even lower BP and lower body temperature 95.5 +/-, irritability, extreme sore muscles, anxiety and left eye pain, oh and the rashes...). I also had a decrease in the stabbing pains... going from 60 +/- to under a dozen per day.

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY - and I am confident that the LORD will work out all the financial details, along with all the restorative details.

Prayers appreciated, not just for me but my fellow Lyme Warriors:
And, help if you can.
and so many more.

©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankfulLife

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.