Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Thankful Life - March 31, 2015


It has truly been a day to pray... pray for others, pray for wisdom, pray for strength... prayer for discernment. All in all, a good day.

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men," ~Colossians 3:23 (English Standard Version)

Today I ask, "How can I do what I am supposed to do?" Is this part of my prayer? You bet! And, part of what I have been called to do is to lead our online ministry group, and with that comes great responsibility. And with responsibility comes a great need to seek God... not just in difficult times, but in all times. As a leader, I am very committed to deliver God's truth through His Word and uphold to the highest standards as humanly possible. And, what I have discovered, is that none of us can lead alone, there must be others around us to keep you on track, correct us and encourage us... With this said, as a group, we are here to coach, listen and "in the Spirit" give correction to our team. As always, we are not saying we have all answers, but we will be firm when it comes to ministry-biblical integrity at all times. Is this tough? You bet! Is it hard? Harder than anything else I have ever done. Is it worth it? More than worth it!

One of our leaders, Barry put it perfectly, "There can be no compromise. I asked someone I consider to have a lot more insight and experience with these situations than I have and was told you give them the choice, 1. They turn around and get back onto God's path or 2. They continue on alone."
In a nutshell, there is no compromise and the ROAD IS VERY NARROW.

I am grateful for having access to the greatest leaders, and team with our Ps139 group team of edifiers. I am truly blessed!



As my own reminder today, and as we work to minister to those who visit our pages, I will share what is heaviest on my heart tonight in God's Word..

TRUTH!

MATTHEW 7 (Lexham English Bible)
The Sermon on the Mount: The Narrow Gate
13 “Enter through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it, 14 because narrow[c] is the gate and constricted is the road that leads to life, and there are few who find it!

The Sermon on the Mount: Recognizing False Prophets
15 “Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inside are ravenous wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits: they do not gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles, do they? 17 In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit. 18 A good tree is not able to produce bad fruit, nor a bad tree to produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 As a result, you will recognize them by their fruits.

The Sermon on the Mount: False Followers
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many miracles in your name?’ 23 And then I will say to them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!’

The Sermon on the Mount: Two Houses and Two Foundations
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain came down and the rivers came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it did not collapse, because its foundation was laid on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain came down and the rivers came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it collapsed, and its fall was great.”

The Sermon on the Mount: Response
28 And it happened when Jesus finished these words the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he was teaching them like one who had authority, and not like their scribes.

Thank you Father for Your Word, and the wisdom that the guide of the Holy Spirit provides daily, as well as moment to moment when we seek Your truth. 

©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
#LymeLifeHOPE

#ThankfulLife

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.