Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thankful Life - March 5, 2015

In my struggle today, and this week, I have been seeking God in ways that really stretch my thinking. Waking up with my skin on fire this morning, I wanted to just go back to sleep... close out the world and forget that there is something beyond my sheets. But that is not what God has for me. And, as I struggle to keep up at work... remember all that I am supposed to remember, yet don't... mourn the times that energy was not at a SUPER PREMIUM... I begin to bask in the moments where I am forced to SIT STILL AND SETTLE IN.

And, it was there this morning that I dug deep down and reached for that inkling of energy, and it came up empty... so I remembered the encouragement that so many of you shared with me yesterday... God's Word through the Psalms, the conversations that took place and the glimmer of hope just because I can remember that I am His... not because I chose Him, necessarily, BUT BECAUSE HE DESIRED ME TO CHOOSE HIM. And, I left those sheets - and began my day and step into TRUSTING Him, and learning what that actually means as I do.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for His love endures forever." ~Psalm 118:1

"Shouts of joy and victory
    resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!
 The Lord’s right hand is lifted high;
    the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”
  I will not die but live,
    and will proclaim what the Lord has done.
 The Lord has chastened me severely,
    but he has not given me over to death.
 Open for me the gates of the righteous;
    I will enter and give thanks to the Lord." ~Psalm 118:15-19

(New International Version)

I want you to know, that God pursues you... and pursues you... and pursues you...

You will never know God's impact if you never choose Him.

I find so much comfort in those His Words, and it's in the giving thanks that I can move toward the trust part... I keep thanking Him for all of the moments, these moments in my life. I find the joy as I learn and grow with others, also suffering, also seeking His presence and comfort.

When we place our humanity in the understanding of God's ways, we miss a lot. I am finding that I am trying to define "trust", as in "trusting God" by the experiences in my life - and this does not work. In the midst of living this life, I find myself relying on my own understanding instead of asking the Holy Spirit to BRING ME UNDERSTANDING. Trust, I am sure, is a difficult one for many of us - we are broken and in need of healing in so many ways, that seeing TRUST as a good thing often gets lost.

Really what I am trying to say, with today's foggy brain... is that we need to redefine TRUST when we speak of God. Trust is not earned with God, it is a GIVEN. He will never mislead us, or take advantage, BUT HE WILL ALWAYS BRING US to a place that is His.


#GivingThanksDaily
#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankfulLife



Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.