Friday, April 10, 2015

Thankful Life - April 10, 2015


Breathe...

Stand firm in the midst of storms and fires... they will never stop coming AND GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU!

Sometimes when you are fighting for something and pleading and begging God to resolve it... He's already worked it out, you just haven't seen it yet. That is called HOPE. Often, or most of the time, we are instructing God to our fleshly and human desires, which seem like needs. I am overwhelmed by how good, and how perfect God is - timing, plan, purpose...

"For Christ is our living peace. He has made a unity of the conflicting elements of Jew and Gentile by breaking down the barrier which lay between us. By his sacrifice he removed the hostility of the Law, with all its commandments and rules, and made in himself out of the two, Jew and Gentile, one new man, thus producing peace. For he reconciled both to God by the sacrifice of one body on the cross, and by this act made utterly irrelevant the antagonism between them. Then he came and told both you who were far from God and us who were near that the war was over. And it is through him that both of us now can approach the Father in the one Spirit." ~Ephesians 2:14-18 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)


I have been truly needing to know God's presence, His encouragement and have boldly asked for just that.

I have been much more limited with my activities, and how I engage outside of work - I do the minimum most days. This "social butterfly" goes through withdrawals on occasion, when I actually have the energy to think about it.

Anyway, this is getting long (especially in my head, and what I want to share). I have been asking God to help me be encouraged, as I just can't do what I expect myself to do... help me to be still in a new way, listen in a new way, and trust HIM wholly... and with that said, I know I'm human and there are true issues I am dealing with.

With the onset of new and unwelcomed neurological symptoms, including anxiety attacks, waves of being overwhelmed and feeling stuck in this nightmare that lasts, and lasts... well, you're getting the picture.

So, you with me on the mindset?

With one simple email from a fairly new friend, and sister in Christ. I knew that God is with me AND I was amazingly encouraged!

God always answers His children... and I know that it's when I am an avid pursuer of Christ that I can actually see Christ in and around my life. I go before Him and jump up and down, call His name and just PURSUE His answer... according to His will and purpose.

No matter what you are going through today, KNOW that God is for you. Lay "it" down and let Him have it... not just part, but all that makes you weary, worried and weak.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls." ~Matthew 11:29 (Amplified Bible)

... And every time, I know I can count on Him.

“Therefore, everyone who acknowledges me before people, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven.  But everyone who denies me before people, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven." ~Matthew 10:32 (Common English Bible)

Confessing Christ... not just the "idea" of Christ and all that "He can do for you" in treasures here on earth, but for WHO HE IS, WHAT HE GAVE, WHY HE DID IT.

Mighty and perfect God. You are my everything, and I pray to share all that You are daily.


© 2015 Giving Thanks Daily
#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankfulLife
#GivingThanksDaily



Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.