Friday, June 12, 2015

Thankful Life - June 12, 2015

My prayer tonight is that we can truly "hold every thought captive", which we KNOW it is His desire that we live for today, through His Word, IN HIS STRENGTH.

"Mighty armies alone cannot win wars for a king; great strength by itself cannot keep a soldier safe. In war the strength of a horse cannot be trusted to take you to safety. But the LORD watches over ALL who honor Him and trust His kindness...." ~Psalm 33:16-18 (Common English Version)

On the days that I cannot focus, I find myself reeling into the depths of darkened moments. God has used many ways to draw me back into the light, however, it has been through deciding to have the action of gratitude (to clarify, gratitude for all He does for His children). These past few days have been much more clear than this past year. I am grateful for clarity of His Word, not only in my mind, but in my heart - I cannot convey wholly how amazing my soul has soured these past few days engaging in His Word.

I can tell you being ill before Christ, and being ill now is so much different.

THOUGHTS, THOUGHTS AND MORE THOUGHTS... that is what this life's trials deserve. Every thought that is Christ... in and out of each storm.

excerpt from Tight Rope or Solid Ground

"I have come to realize that “balance” only comes when I allow God to be the focal point of my life:

My thoughts toward His – “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” ~2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)

My eyes to see like His – “The Lord’s eyes scan the whole world to find those whose hearts are committed to him and to strengthen them. You acted foolishly in this matter. So from now on, you will have to fight wars.” ~2 Chronicles 16:9 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
My heart, pure and sincere – “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me.” ~Psalm 51:10 (Amplified Bible)

My days filled with Him – “Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.” ~2 Peter 1:4 (NIV)

Always remembering who I call on – “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)

"Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world." 1 Peter 5:8-9 (The Amplified Bible)"


©2015 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankfulLife
#BLifebyShawn

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.