Sunday, June 28, 2015

Thankful Life – June 28, 2015



Sometimes, we spend way too much energy in defeat.... WHEN ALL OUR FATHER DESIRES IS TO KNOW THE VICTORY THAT IS CHRIST's finished work!

It's in the stillness that You are God... let us come to You in the moments of our despair, doubt... and delight.

There is no defeat in Christ, just sayin'!

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." ~Matthew 6:33 (English Standard Version)

Dear Hearts, I so understand the question of why.... I pray for the Spirit to guide your heart to hope and joy, even and especially in the midst of all this pain you are going through. I have been in similar places... God has given me some amazing coping skills and tools, and I am here to share if you are open.

It's truly amazing how God reveals that answer to us individually. I discovered that we all have challenges... as sometimes of our life, ours are less than others, and sometimes more than others... in the middle of our own struggles, God uses our weakness to show that He is strong... that the Holy Spirit is our strength, all of our strength. (Psalm 73:26, Psalm 41:3, Psalms 30:2)

I have had horrible detachment issues since 1982, when I began to get sick. I wanted to die in high school and tried to make that happen. After having ablation (I was having periods every 9-11 days for 5 years), the doctor gave me hormone replacement, and I was suicidal. That was after pre-cervical cancer was removed for the 2nd time. I did not know the LORD than, but I remember how that felt, my thoughts, the despair)...that was in 2000, or so. In 2002, I accepted Christ as my Savior, but it has been 13 years of learning to know His presence. I had 4 more recurrences of the pre-cancer cells... it may not sound serious, but I basically have no cervix left. I have had 6 years free of that cancer risk. AND Thirteen years of freedom, and life everlasting.

Life in this broken world, is harsh to say the least. But because of Him, we are not broken. "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” -Deuteronomy 31:6 (English Standard Version)

"For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory." -Deuteronomy 20:4 (English Standard Version)


HE IS YOUR/OUR STRENGTH...

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." -2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (English Standard Version)

Together, we are encouraged... and strengthened, because He is God and He loves His children.

"How lovely is Your temple, Your dwelling place on earth,O Eternal One, Commander of heaven’s armies.How I long to be there—my soul is spent,wanting, waiting to walk in the courts of the Eternal.My whole being sings joyfullyto the living God.Just as the sparrow seeks her home,and the swallow finds in her own nesta place to lay her young,I, too, seek Your altars, my King and my God,Commander of heaven’s armies.How blessed are those who make Your house their home,who live with You;they are constantly praising You." ~Psalm 84:1-4 (The Voice)

I will leave you with this... KNOW THAT THE LORD HAS ALREADY gone before you. He knows your every need, plea, cry for help, doubtful thoughts and, most importantly, your heart's desires.

That's it..

© 2015 Giving Thanks Daily
#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankfulLife
#GivingThanksDaily


Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.