Monday, July 13, 2015

Giving Thanks Daily - Nancy Nygaard, Guest Writer

Encouragement
God’s Grace in Difficult Circumstances
by Nancy Nygaard
July 13, 2015

When we fix our eyes upon Jesus He shows us how He walked the road God had prepared for Him. He told us that in this world we would have trouble, but take heart because He has overcome the world (for us). He may not remove our burdens presently, but He "will" walk through them with us (the Bible is full of examples of Him doing this). Paul, and other disciples, showed us a beautiful examples of how God took what satan meant for evil and turned it into good in the lives of His followers (Romans 8:28). We have been filled with the same Holy Spirit that empowered Jesus' disciples. God will use what He has allowed for His glory. The Bible says that our earthly burdens are light and momentary compared to what we will experience in heaven! Our hope is in Christ Jesus brothers and sisters. You are His beloved, precious, cherished children in whom He is doing a new thing!

"See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland." ~ Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)



I wanted to share with you changes God is making in my life - maybe He’s done the same for you? God changes hearts that are yielded to Him no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in. This is my personal faith journey over the past 20 plus years.

After an automobile accident in 1994, a couple of years later, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia when the pain did not resolve with treatment. A year before that I found out I had Hepatitis-C which my body spontaneously cleared – a miracle from God!

 More recently I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease (not active so I guess it's been there a while undetected). I have lived with chronic pain that eventually changed the things I depended on the most - my career that gave me security allowing me to believe I was in control (pride), my ability to do simple things for myself making me dependent on others (independence), and the belief that I could change this terrible madness that was happening in my life if only I could find the right… (I tried to control what was happening)? The good news is that God transformed these areas of my life.

God changed my pride into submission as I learned to truly trust Him to provide the next meal and literally everything else in my life. He changed my stubborn independence into dependence as He surrounded me with the caring fellowship of other believers. He gave me a grateful, humble heart filled with compassion for others. He changed my belief that "I" could make the madness that was my life go away and gave me peace to know that He would walk with me through whatever I faced each day. When I feel myself slipping back into this attitude, or feeling the need to “be in control” I remind myself of His assurance me that He will provide what I “need” – not to be confused with what I “want”. I take my concerns to God in prayer knowing that all things are possible for Him. No matter what happens to this body in this world my HOPE is in Jesus Christ! To God be the Glory! Satan cannot take away the victory our Savior has already won for us!

From Hepatitis-C to Fibromyalgia to Lyme Disease! The pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fit together. My journey of faith has become stronger through this as God brings me into a deeper and deeper understanding of who He is. For twenty plus years chronic pain has been my companion. Over the years it has been labeled many different things as previously mentioned - the most recent label - Lyme disease. After each label I fought to have control of my life "in my own understanding". I did all the right things - stopped unhealthy habits, added healthy habits, avoided things that could cause more hurt (while losing a part of my life that brought joy). The chaos this caused mentally was devastating. In the back of my mind was always the thought, what new cure will restore me? The turning point came for me when I acknowledged that God is in control of my life, not me. This brought peace that passes human understanding (John 14:27). He has already restored me through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ. He loves me and has told me that His grace is sufficient for me in "all" circumstances (2 Corinthians 12:9). When I discover that I am struggling with my circumstances, I turn it over to Him in prayer to the God for whom all things are possible (Philippians 4:6; Matt.19:26).

All of this to say, I no longer fret but instead cast my cares upon Him. I trust in His love and faithfulness to those who love Him (Romans 8:28). My dear brothers and sisters I pray all of the same for you. God's promises are true. Satan's lies are not. God will never leave you alone - forsaken (John 14:18). He is your portion and your strength (Psalm 46:1). Run into His arms and be held!



©2015 All rights remain with the author
#GivingThanksDaily
#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankfulLife

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.