Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thankful Life - July 8, 2015


There are so many days I really want to pull the covers over my head and sleep, sleep, sleep. But I know God has another plan for this day, which is new and belongs to Him.

"God showed how much he loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him." -1 John 4:9 (New Living Translation)

I have been weary... fighting this fight, instead of leaving it up to my Heavenly Father... I want to let it all go, and rest in Him... so tonight when I get home... that is exactly what I am going to do.

I had a date night with myself last night, while my husband went to the San Francisco Giant’s game. I read a little, talked to God a little, and then talked with Him some more.  It was a delightful time.

Yesterday was a normal, yet again, the new normal for this week kind of day. It began with my first therapy session – lymphatic drainage massage. My therapist, a lovely sister in Christ from church – now only God could orchestrate something that awesome, right? Laying of hands… and yes, “laying of hands” has an entirely new meaning for me. We talked as she administered treatment, had amazing fellowship sharing, and the time went by very quickly. Then off to work. All is good, and God’s mercies are greatly appreciated daily.

And today, with God, I was off and running toward another victorious day. Beginning in prayer, as that is how every day should start and STAYING THE COURSE... 

Thank You Father for brothers and sisters in the same fight, who can share, love and pray for one another. Thank You for giving us life ever after, and hope in this life to fight through. Help us LORD God to seek You in the midst of our trials, and to remember the victories and triumphs in our challenges. Through others, we look forward to seeing light and hope, and through our expectations because WE ARE YOURS, guide us to seeing You at all times. You are our Redeemer, our HEALER, our ROCK...

Staying the Course
 "My child, be attentive to my words;
 to my sayings incline your ear.
 May they not escape from your sight;[eyes]
 keep them in the midst of your heart.
 For they are life to those who find them
 and healing to the entire body.[for all his flesh] ~Proverbs 4:20-22 (Lexham English Bible)


Abba, we do not have to go far to see the brokenness, illness and heartache, help us in our times that we "feel" alone to squash the thoughts that are not of You. Help us to see through the physical pain and anguish so we can find peace in the struggle, joy in the sorrow that is Lyme disease and all that goes with it. We cry out, call upon and trust that You are here, and we are Yours. We ask to only "touch the hem of Your garment", "lift up our mats", STIR THE WATERS WITHIN OUR BODIES, as you did in Bethesda. ALMIGHTY FATHER, Jehovah Rophi - (God Who Heals)... See us LORD, hear us LORD, deliver us LORD... El Roi is the God Who Sees Me, and we know You see us, hear us and we are already delivered through the blood of Christ Jesus, yet we desire Your healing touch here in these physical bodies. We pray for solutions, help us to open our eyes, ears and hearts to see YOUR path. Help us to depend on and go to the source already inside us THAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT... our strength, to give us courage.... TO CONTINUE THIS FIGHT. Let us KNOW, TRULY KNOW Your healing power as we desire to go deeper in the WORD. To trust, abide and walk as we are called - even and especially in our suffering.

"But as it is written: ‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love him’. But God has, through the Spirit, let us share his secret.
"For nothing is hidden from the Spirit, not even the deep wisdom of God. For who could really understand a man’s inmost thoughts except the spirit of the man himself? How much less could anyone understand the thoughts of God except the very Spirit of God? And the marvelous thing is this, that we now receive not the spirit of the world but the Spirit of God himself, so that we can actually understand something of God’s generosity towards us." ~1 Corinthians 2:10-12 (J.B. Phillips New Testament )

We come to You a wholly LORD in the mighty name and FINISHED WORK OF Christ Jesus, amen.

These are tough times, and many moments seem unbearable… but with Christ, they are never dark or bleak. He will carry me, this I know for He promised. Give every moment to Him. Ask Him to help you remember the times where He has seen you through. It’s our time to give Him our best – and really we cannot do our best without His work in our hearts, minds…. In our thoughts and in our life.

I’m ready to surrender this life wholly to my Redeemer, because He lives, I will live better in this life – even AND especially through trials.

In our own "darkest of times", we may be the only light shined into someone else's life.

"You are like that illuminating light. Let your light shine everywhere you go, that you may illumine creation, so men and women everywhere may see your good actions, may see creation at its fullest, may see your devotion to Me, and may turn and praise your Father in heaven because of it." ~Matthew 5:16 (The Voice)

Lymphedema Clinic at Washington Hospital

© 2015 Giving Thanks Daily
 #LymeLifeHOPE
 #ThankfulLife
 #GivingThanksDaily

 

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.