Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thankful Life - October 8, 2015

 
“Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life” ~Psalm 23:6a (The Message)
I am really trying to stay in the Word (listening and hearing)... trust the process and live in hope... as I strive to pursue a Christ-like life, I am assured that He never ceases to pursue me.

These are very hard things to do in this broken body (which we all have because of a fallen state of this world)... b...ut with illness, it's even tougher. As I pray down the group posts yet again, I think on this past week and how I have coped. I really try to keep my mind occupied by things other than dwelling on the daily aches and pains, changes or non-changes symptomatically. It's working! He's strengthing me... and making me tougher.

Art by Shawn Boreta 2015
Removing the Mask...
I am on 'mask' kick right now... and what I learned when I went through Stephen Ministry years ago, is that we all have one (maybe more)... the mask can look like many things, and sometimes they appear to be the "real" you, but when the Holy Spirit moves... and we are open to see Him move, the Christ-like us can be seen... so today, this moment, remove the mask of pain and suffereing to reveal the you that He is working on for the world to see.

I have been able to focus on my art - which is such a lift - as I create, I can dwell on the Creator, pray for others... and imagine my pain lifting as the "canvas" transforms from nothingness to masses of color. That I will one day immerge differently and miraculously out of the pain that exists... to the hope that we are ever surrounded by through His fulfilled work.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them." ~Ephesians 2:10 (American Standard Version)
workmanship: masterpiece, handiwork...

Even in the midst of pain and suffering, our God will provide respite as we pursue to glorify Him as we live out the talents He gives us.

"Now may the God of peace, who brought the great Shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, back from the dead through the blood of the new everlasting covenant, perfect you in every good work as you work God’s will. May God do in you only those things that are pleasing in His sight through Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, to whom we give glory always and forever. Amen." ~Hebrews 13:20-21 (The Voice)

"Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." ~Matthew 5:16 (American Standard Version)

... let our days be filled with "Even so" moments!

#LymeLifeHOPE
#LifeinColorandWords
#GivingThanksDaily
#ShawnBoreta
Ⓒ2015 Shawn Boreta, Thankful Life

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.