Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Life is a Prayer - December 29, 2015


The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; ...
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Note: The serenity prayer is not actually in the Bible, but rather was originally written by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr in the 1930s or 1940s.


Often I find myself trying to figure things out, when all I really need to do is "rest" in the knowledge that God is for me - at all times.

Giving thanks in all things has truly been my saving habit. In this time, which is resolution time for most of the world... is a time of reflection as we head into the new year. We pray for one another 'to heal', but mostly, we pray for one another to GROW towards the LORD. I have found this past year to be tougher than I thought it would be... not because of the physical hinderences, but because I find myself reeling to keep in His Word.

My prayer is to be wholly His... wholly submissive to His will.... wholly obedient... wholly thankful in all things.

I discovered that I have wasted so much time trying to figure out how to get better, when all I need to do is trust the path I am on. My doctor (who is not a believer) affirmed me best when I told him I don't have the energy to "write everything down... (symptoms, responses, pain, reactions)". He said, "Focus on getting better and staying 'in your life'. LIVE." LIVE.... because He died and lives for me. Grateful, truly grateful that every day is new... every moment is precious in His sight.

For me, that is the key. Fighting to work every day, and fighting to stay focused on the accomplishments of the LORD in my life... that is what living is all about. I am not dismissing my pain, but placing it where it belongs... outside of my focus.

Heavenly and gracious Father, You are my reason to fight every day. Help me to submit when submission is 'impossible', and obey when life seems impossible. Help me grow in wisdom and trust Your plan... help me to believe more deeply, more purely in the journey that is Your plan and to hold every thought captive that is Yours, and to let go of all that will not serve You. To Your glory and honor Lord Jesus.

#LymeLifeHOPE
#GivingThanksDaily
#ThankfulLife
 

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.