Friday, July 29, 2016

Quick Thought - July 28, 2016

Be Aware...

"but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31 (English Standard Version)

There are so many false teachers and 'theories' that are presented emphatically, supported with scripture and packaged "in the name of Christ". Something was shared with me last night, and in my weariness, I couldn't quite grasp what was being presented... the dialog was 'confusing'... and quite honestly, my brain wasn't up to the task last night... I was struggling to tell if what I was reading was biblical or not.. this person, was emphatic - telling me their job is to share the truth AND, that if I didn't submit to and 'believe' what was being stated that I may end up being one of the ones who are deceived (1 Peter 5:8).

Deceived: Synonyms: mislead, delude, dupe, hoodwink, bamboozle

In my exhaustion, I stopped the dialog and began to pray for discernment... wisdom and clarity. I was unable to fall asleep thinking about, and going through the dialog in my mind... This morning, as soon as I woke up, I knew that the great deceiver was actively at work BUT also KNOW that my God and Savior is alive and present in my heart and mind; and is faithful in the promptings of the Holy Spirit when we seek His guidance.

"Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour." -1 Peter 5:8 (Amplified Bible)

Tonight as I write this, and as I began to write, I looked up the 'term' that was presented last night and am certain of my conclusion that last night's conversation is where the enemy would have me go. My lesson learned is to listen to the promptings to "stop" and step back when confusion begins. (2 Timothy 2:7)

And, I am still convicted to be steadfast in reading the Word - praying before hand for understanding and afterward for the ability to remember what I am reading and studying.

(1 Thessalonians 5:21)

#TheWordistheWordistheWord
#Testeverything
#OpenourEyesLORD
#ClaritythroughtheWord

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.