Translate

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 241 of Giving Thanks

There is no better way to start my day then to pray. Have I not prayed? You betcha! And my days are definitely reflective of that when I don’t. This morning, I had a date for a prayer session with a friend. At 6:45AM, I awoke and landed in Psalm 13. By 7:10, I was on the phone and my friend and I prayed for one another. There is something very amazing about the power of God! And this morning there was a lifting of my spirit as two strong and faithful women prayed to their Father. This is all new to me.

I come from a background of independence – fixing everything myself, making arrangements to fix things and always doing something to fix me. But in all my life, fixing, led to more brokenness and more fixing needed to occur. And, in that process, as I tried to put more into life this “fixed” vessel with all its cracks and holes, could not hold the new stuff that was being poured in.

I am grateful that the mending is perfect now, that this vessel, although broken more times than I can remember and from the outside reflects that, not only holds the new living water that fills me, it appears that the holes and cracks have been repaired from the inside. Lord I thank You for my intercessors, Your covering and mending and the new life I have in You. I am grateful that when I arrive, Your arms can handle all of me, and I no longer depend on me to fix things.  

“I’ve thrown myself headlong into your arms— 
      I'm celebrating your rescue. 
   I'm singing at the top of my lungs, 
      I'm so full of answered prayers.” ~Psalm 13:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me