Translate

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 255 of Giving Thanks

In preparing to travel, I am normally fairly organized - making my little lists, and setting things up like an assembly line, then I am on my way. Today, not so organized; as I sit here looking at three piles of laundry, mail piled up from all week, groceries still lingering on the table, a house that is not quite up to par and still need to go get gas.  Yet, I am not stressing out, freaking out or anxious. I am grateful for a peace I now experience, one that has eluded me up to this point of my life.

I have worked hard, and the work I did was seek God, ask for many things – guidance, wisdom, healing, insight, peace and His presence. My actions are producing fruit; a fruit that now I can rest in – and the prayer that has brought me here. And again I pray “Lord I am ready for my dream, if I am not ready, continue to prepare me.”

I can tell you that even as far as I have already come, there is so much more to do, and the more God does in me, the more I see needs to be done. God readily took this project on – He did create me after all. I can say, I feel exactly like the verse that my friend Heather Funk Palacios, shared on “Today’s word is travel” part of Giving Thanks Daily earlier.  I hadn’t read it until thirty seconds ago;

 “I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this (or anything), but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.” ~ Philippians 3:13-14 (The Message)
Yes, Lord, I am focused on the goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me