Translate

Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 745 of Giving Thanks

Enjoy every day, and find God in all your moments.

Thank You LORD for giving me a sense of humor and showing me it is ok to laugh at myself. And, today, to laugh at myself, while my husband laughed at me too. What a day. Wow. We have been working on a home improvement project, let me just say, I am sure glad that God's abilities to restore, repair, build or rebuild are much greater than ours are. We accomplished what we set out to do when we began today, so thankful for that.

We moved into our home three years ago, yesterday to our home, which is really our weekend job. Thankfully, we do get time off for good behavior and work completed. We set a project, get to it, complete, then decide what is next. Today, was replacing the drywall, in what we lovingly call the “granny unit”, which will ultimately be our gym. It’s a building on the lower part of our property and has been a major effort. Every time I think of the work that has gone into this “room”, I am humbled by memories of God working on my marriage, my sense of humor, my pride, my tongue and me loving all of my life.

As I looked at the ceiling Chris and I hung today, I can see that it is much like life. Things cave-in, and they are dug back out and new supports are put into place; things will leak, and with pressure, they can expand to gaping cracks, and sometimes complete brokenness. But never, ever will our Creator leave us in disrepair, disarray or disorder. He is faithful.

“Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks through him to God the Father.” ~Colossians 3:17 (Good News Translation)

I am so thankful for so many things, all things that have gone from disrepair to complete restoration, from disarray to complete and amazing arrangement, and all things from disorder to complete order and organization.

I have learned to say, “Yes, God... tell me when and direct me how. I know that you have the why already covered. I love You."

So, back to our ceiling. Tonight, it is everything, but presentable, but I know that, even in our amateur abilities, tomorrow as we tape and mud the seams, restoration of this home project will move toward completion. And, you can guarantee that we better keep our sense of humor intact, as Chris always says, “It’s just gonna be the gym!”


Tonight I feel the affects of hours on my feet, hands over the head and problem solving, so I am ready for rest, HIS REST.

"How lovely is your dwelling place, 
LORD Almighty! 
My soul yearns, even faints, 
for the courts of the LORD; 
my heart and my flesh cry out 
for the living God. 
Even the sparrow has found a home, 
and the swallow a nest for herself, 
where she may have her young— 
a place near your altar, 
LORD Almighty, my King and my God. 
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; 
they are ever praising you." Psalm 84:1-4 (NIV)

It is in His presence that all makes sense and my life come to order. Thank You LORD that I can dwell in Your house.

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me