Translate

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 732 of Giving Thanks

This morning as I looked out the window I could see the redwood trees lightly moving in the wind and behind the trees, I could see a glimpse of the morning sun. And, from the inside, I could sense the warmth, however, I knew that as soon as I stepped outside, the crisp Fall air would penetrate every part of me. I do not like the cold, so reprogramming my reaction to cold is necessary and prayed for. This morning as I stepped into the day, and the cold reached my core, I imagined that every tingle is a greater connection to my King.

That is what I want when I go to Him. I want every part of me to sense His presence. To know it and to dwell in Him.

“How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of Heaven’s Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the LORD. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God.
“Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow builds her nest and raises her young at a place near your altar, O LORD of Heaven’s Armies, my King and my God!
“What joy for those who can live in your house, always singing your praises.” ~Psalm 84:1-4 

I go to Him, He shares with me His word and I am home. Embedding His word on my heart, and sharing what He gives me. Every day, I write. Every day I absorb. Every day I grow more toward Him. Every day I fall deeper and deeper in love with my creator. The closer I get to Him, the more joy I experience and the more hopeful I become.

“What joy for those whose strength comes from the LORD, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
“When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings.
“They will continue to grow stronger and each of them will appear before God in Jerusalem.
“O LORD God of Heaven’s Armies, hear my prayer. Listen, O God of Jacob.” ~Psalm 84:5-8 

Lord, thank You for continuing to keep me sharp, while softening all my edges and bringing me toward You, let me know Your anointing. “O God, look with favor upon the king, our shield! Show favor to the one you have anointed.” ~Psalm 84:9

I expect because He already did everything I need... I have the strength and power of the Holy Spirit. I expect greatness according to His plan, AND really it is His plans that are perfect. I couldn't ask for anything better. EXPECTATION of good things through His will for me, is His promise to me...

God is personal and loves me.

My life is a series of lessons, designed and executed specifically for me by the greatest instructor ever. And when I can look at every experience as God's way to increase my knowledge, better my responses and do His work through my "life" there is the greatest hope ever. Every day is a better day than the one before.

“A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.
“For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
“O LORD of Heaven’s Armies, what joy for those who trust in you.” ~Psalm 84:10-12

It's time Lord to say goodnight, yet my mind reels in You, how can it be that so much of my time is spent pondering, dwelling in and contemplating all of You? How can it be that I am so fortunate to have gone from enemy of God, where darkness prevailed to child of God, where I am heaven bound? How is it that I can know Your presence, embrace Your promises and be so amazingly sure that I am Yours?

All this Lord, because You are trustworthy. All this because You are revealed daily. All this because I am Yours.

(New Living Translation used for this article)



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me