Translate

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thankful Life - August 7, 2014



Today, I am grateful for friendship and the leading of my Father to keep me in His Word.  As this week has progressed, so has my study in the Book of Acts. There have been some key passages - words - urgings. Sometimes in the midst of busyness, we are challenged to seek solitude. Lord, help me with that today. Help me to let go of the moments that are overwhelming me and lead me to that quiet place and those quiet times to be with You.

Thank You for this time with You Father.

Acts 2:

“And everyone who calls
on the name of the LORD will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the LORD has said,
even among the survivors
whom the LORD calls.” -Joel 2:32

Vs. 37 Pierced at the heart.

Received His Word and were baptized in the Holy Spirit!

“Feeling a sense of Awe…” vs. 43 - Don’t we want that sense of AWE? That sense that all is good and He is working in all aspects of our heart, through our hearts and His desires for our lives? Desiring to see the “wonders and signs”? Father, it’s in this time of being in Your Word, seeking Your presence that I am at peace and wrapped in Your tender mercies. Even in the roughness of the days end, I know You are here – pursuing, stretching and giving me what I need. Help us LORD to grow in praising Your every direction, correction and elimination of the flesh as we seek to be wholly engaged, wholly present and wholly committed.

Acts 3:

Vs. 6 “I don’t possess silver or gold, but what I do have I give to you” and with that Peter healed the beggar – the heart of a servant. The draw of our Lord and Savior to His Work and purpose. And the beggar did not just ‘get up’ he leaped.

What are your thoughts?



#givingthanksdaily
#lifeincolorandwords

©2014 Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me