Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 846 of Giving Thanks

Today, I am much in prayer of thanksgiving for many things. As I settle into the evening, I am greatly aware of my surroundings - the quite, the calm and the rejoicing in my heart.

“God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I'm headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I'm singing God-songs; I'm making music to God.” ~Psalm 27:6 (The Message)

It truly has been an amazing 846 days of giving thanks to the LORD and getting to know who I am. I would not know who I am if I didn’t understand what He did. I believe we cannot fully understand God's grace until we fully understand what Jesus did on the cross. Knowing that we have one God who Created us, God the Father, God who provided for our salvation in Jesus our Redeemer and God who is with us through everything in our life as our helper, teacher and counselor the Holy Spirit.

“In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.
The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” ~2 Peter 1:5-8 (New Living Translation)

I am sincerely grateful for His amazing works. Yesterday was a day of “need”. Need for prayer, need for comfort, need for His presence. I am truly fortunate to have wonderful friends. My friend Trena and I sat on the floor after work and she poured out prayers of healing and hope. I had allowed the weight of the past weeks to penetrate my heart, to encircle my thoughts, so I knew that only the power of prayer would do. And, one more time would I be lifted in prayer. As I closed my eyes to rest, I knew that my Healer’s hands wrap me securely.

Tonight as I get ready to rest, I come to my heavenly Father in complete awe. Mighty and gracious God, thank You for giving me growth and comfort through knowing You. As I remember You daily, I am often amazed at how much You love me. It is in the love I receive from so many, the blessings of new friends and surprises that occur within so many moments. It is in the relief of this and that, and mostly it’s in the newness of every day. Father, all I want to do is please You and share all that You do for me. Let me be a conduit and a beacon for those who desire to know Your promises. Help me to shine brightly hope for those who need You, yet have not seen You. In the process of my every days, help me to be more understanding of others, see things through eyes of compassion and listen intently to those who just want to be heard. Draw me closer to You in whatever it takes, and remind me that this journey is to make me stronger, because I come to You more. For it is because of Jesus I am so grateful and through Him I bring all my needs, desires and accomplishments before You. Amen.

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn BoretaWeb: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me