Translate

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 849 of Giving Thanks by Darci Escandon

“Life just gets in the way!!!” I really have come to dislike that saying. I hear my friends say it, my family says it… and now, even I am saying it. I have every intention of doing the things I want to do, but life still gets in the way. I want to be faithful to my commitments, but sometimes, there are a few that have to take the back seat and I hate that feeling. Trying to pick and choose what I can and can’t do. What I can and can’t commit to. I want to be faithful in everything… but I guess, life does get in the way.

Then I think of something I read in the book of Psalms which says:

“"But I will never stop loving Him nor fail to keep my promise to Him.” ~Psalm 89:33 (New Living Translation)

I love God. I made a promise to Him the day I was born again. I promised to live my life for Him. I must love God in everything and every situation. I made a promise to make Him first, at all times. I am so grateful that Life doesn’t get in the way for God. Can you imagine what this world would be like if it did? If God made excuses for not doing what He said He would do??? We must find balance in our world. Lord, I need balance in my life!

I am drawn to the story of Mary and Martha. Jesus was coming to visit and Martha was too busy to meet him at the door.  Author Warren W. Wiersbe  says “Perhaps in all of our busyness, we have been ignoring the Lord. Martha’s problem was not that she had too much work to do, but that she allowed her work to distract her and pull her apart. She was trying to serve two masters!”[1]

““As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.” But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”” ~Luke 10:38–42, New Living Translation

I don’t want to be a Martha. I don’t want to get so caught up in life that I forget what life is really about!!!

Lord, life gets crazy. The enemy wants me to feel overwhelmed…he wants me to bite off more than I can chew…but the busier I am, the less I can do your will. Lord, help me to find the balance. Help me to find out how I can just get through Life without it getting in the way. Lord, I want to serve you, I want to carry your word to those that don’t see you or believe in you. Lord, I want to be the person you created me to be.

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Darci Escandon
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150637548737809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).


[1] Warren W. Wiersbe, The Bible Exposition Commentary (Wheaton, Ill.: Victor Books, 1996), Lk 10:38.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me