Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful Life – November 23, 2013



WOW, nothing too big for God.... especially a wayward heart. Inspired.... God speaking - time to pray BIG, speak little and wait.

My normal days are still quite wonderful. Even in the normal and ordinary of the every day. A wonderful life.

He is for you... and you have been created to live in His light, in His power and strength... to love one another, live for Him and know His goodness. Let us not love this worlds and the things in it, but love Him exclusively and live rightly...

"Never give your hearts to this world or to any of the things in it. A man cannot love the Father and love the world at the same time. For the whole world-system, based as it is on men’s primitive desires, their greedy ambitions and the glamour of all that they think splendid, is not derived from the Father at all, but from the world itself. The world and all its passionate desires will one day disappear. But the man who is following God’s will is part of the permanent and cannot die." ~1 John 2:15+17 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

See “the world” for what it is.... And see God for who and what He is. There is nothing like knowing the living and true God – and nothing like living for my Creator and King.

"As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more." ~Psalm 71:14 (New International Version)

Today started out normally for a Saturday. I was able to sleep in a bit and spend some time with my hubby before meeting up with my best friend and daughter for our 5 mile walk. Fortunately, I was able to fight through a case of ‘exhaustion’ and make it through. Our little routine is great. Walk, coffee, chat and encouragement for one another. Can’t ask for better than that. Tonight, as I settle in and really ponder all that there is to be grateful for, my heart keeps coming back to the wonderful life I have… not perfect, not flawless, not without challenge, but wonderful, nonetheless.

“Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you.” ~ Philippians 4:8-9 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)




Wonderful Life!
This life is not promised as perfect, but as joyful when we can W.elcome challenges and O.stacles with open arms and hearts. When we can knowingly count on the promises of our heavenly Father… with the understanding that with Him, through Him and because of Him, we want for N.othing. And, in the strength and power of the Spirit, the D.esires of our heart, according to His will are ours wholly. We can truly live E.xpectantly and R.ealize the daily blessings and F.ortunes of forgiveness that are extended so freely and amazingly. I am grateful for the U.nending love and tenderness that
He so desires for us to experience. I am grateful for the treasures that overflow and overwhelm my
L.ife in the here and now.
 
We are told to L.ove one another and live for the Kingdom I.ntentionally with our eternal perspective and understanding that our F.ulfillment comes only from our Father. I am grateful that I can E.xperience His best daily! The truly is a wonderful life, one that I am fortunate to live out. It is a daily prayer to do it well… Thank You Father for all that You have done, and all that You have promised.
 
Nonetheless… there is nothing less than His best for me. Now, when I step into every day with this thought in mind, I will realize the ‘amazingness’ of every day – the wonderfulness of every moment – the blessings of this life, with the expectation of perfection in eternity. How could I not believe in the wonderful life of the here and now?

“Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.” ~Psalm 37:3-5 (New American Standard Bible)


©2013 Giving Thanks Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me