Translate

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful Life – November 25, 2013

My King is SO EXTRAVAGANT.

Don't we all want the good things from Jesus? Don't we all want the blessings that He so lovingly gives? Do we pray for submission and obedience? Why is it so hard for us to submit to Him, and let go of ourselves and to be obedient?



Let us stand in prayer for those who desire all that He has.


"I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." ~ Psalm 16:8 (New International Version)

I have been completely stripped away and left naked; and His is the only robe that can carry and cover me appropriately. What is it that He has cleared away for you and restored to better than before? What baggage do we all carry? How do we leave it behind without running back to pick them back up? Don't we find that we can lay down the baggage much easier than leaving it behind?
Let us not be people who say, but people who give… give it all to Him. Allow the Spirit to move you toward complete healing and all that He has for you. He is all we need – when we submit and obey. Often, in the past, I saw those two commands as ‘giving up’ something that I wanted or felt I needed to comply… Today, I see submitting as allowing myself to see God and His promises before the desires of the flesh; and obeying as allowing God to do what God does. Again, you can’t get much greater than that.


“I thank my God always for you because of God’s love and kindness given to you through the Messiah Yeshua, in that you have been enriched by Him in so many ways, particularly in power of speech and depth of knowledge." ~1 Corinthians 1:4-5 (Complete Jewish Bible)

I am needy LORD... yet, there is no one around to fulfill that need. Help me to run to You on all occasions, during every crisis and in all the moments where need surfaces (which really is all moments). Help me to see You through the noise of this life, and the distractions that are everywhere. I am needy LORD, and You are the fulfiller. We are all in the process – the phases and steps of the journey shift, move, and advance as well as retreat... He's got this... just remember whose you are. In this process we engage with one another and that is our design. We are designed for relationship – first and foremost with our heavenly Father and then with others.


©2013 Giving Thanks Daily

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me