Translate

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thankful Life - September 23, 2014


Many years ago, some of you may remember… I was working extremely hard at a full-time job and a business. The Lord revealed to my heart during this time, the business had become my idol. Maybe not the business itself, but the pursuit, the chase, the sale… 

The last couple of weeks I've had that desire once again. I found myself daydreaming about winning this or winning that, growing team… I was getting pretty comfortable. I was doing the same all thing, "oh this is a product it's good for people, and may even cure me… " 

I got home, did my workout and decided to broach the subject with my husband. Immediately, as I saw his face in response to my, "I think I want to do this business..." 

I knew that immediately the pain and grief that had been caused during the first round.

Lord, I am thankful that even though I get sucked in, that You remind me what my priorities are. I'm thankful that I have a great support around me and I just need to remember that my God in the strength of the Holy Spirit and through Jesus Christ I can do the right thing. Thank you that I caught this error early. And again, Just thank You for being there. Then to show me the right path to get on, and being here now to write this path today...

"Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand." -Proverbs 19:20-21 (King James Version)

©2014 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
#lifeincolorandwords
#givingthanksdaily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me