Translate

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Thankful Life - July 27, 2014

We have to be very careful in how we approach this life... if we worry, fret and live in fear, we miss out on the blessings that are in the midst of real challenges. I know for me, I have (over the years) created my own disasters because I 'thought' wrong. How about you?

Today, I reflect and look deep in my heart to see what I really need to let go. Confronting situations are definitely not one of my strongest attributes and I desire to be bolder and less fearful when it comes to speaking up and defending my ground in certain areas. Yet, looking back, I have seen change... and for that I am truly grateful and I pray I not become complacent in what is already done, and focus on what God can yet do in His strength and toward His will for my life. In a recent teaching, we were asked... "what is abundant life?" My first thought was simply, "knowing God"... and onto, "knowing God's mercy, tenderness and the knowledge that He does have a plan", seemed to finish the thought so much more satisfactory. We all struggle, fight the flesh and can get sucked into despair because "we just can't get 'there'". Friends, let us know that God, yes, the God who loves you passionately, desires you to KNOW ALL THAT HE IS FOR YOU.... to know that His love is like nothing you can ever fathom. but He will pursue you over and over (continually) so you will know. And this, I am telling myself as much as I am sharing it with you!!!

Abundant Life... is not a bank account or stuff... it is knowing whose you are and knowing His love is everything... the blood of Jesus will cover and carry you through. Get to know the power of the Holy Spirit... not as a 'fix all', but as the mighty and perfect mercy and grace of our Savior. I am thankful I have so much to learn... as well as so much to heal from. Thank You LORD for pursing my heart and Your will for abundancy.

And again, I am facing an internal challenge to step out and speak up... Father, there is something that really needs to be done. This thing that is uncomfortable, because I was uncomfortable with what and how something was said to me. Help me to, not only be bold, but to be wise with my words and attitude. Help me to present my case lovingly, while intelligently and with conviction. I want firm boundaries, yet flexibility to work well with others. As I come to You Father, help me to lean in to Your desires for my life and my life's work. Help me to see Your will as I carve out this life and what is to be done and how I do it.

In the mighty name of Jesus, help me keep my eyes on You and doing what You will have me do... serve - love - encourage - engage with and believe that You are for me.



"We should consider these examples and Christ the perfect example
Surrounded then as we are by these serried ranks of witnesses, let us strip off everything that hinders us, as well as the sin which dogs our feet, and let us run the race that we have to run with patience, our eyes fixed on Jesus the source and the goal of our faith. For he himself endured a cross and thought nothing of its shame because of the joy he knew would follow his suffering; and he is now seated at the right hand of God’s throne. Think constantly of him enduring all that sinful men could say against him and you will not lose your purpose or your courage." ~Hebrews 12:1-3 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

We mustn't wait til "things" are good to serve others... We serve knowing God is good.

#givingthanksdaily
#lifeincolorandwords

©2014 Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me