Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 986 of Giving Thanks


I AM HIS“Only God is my rock and my salvation—my stronghold!—I won’t be shaken anymore.” ~Psalm 62:2 (Common English Bible)

God's love for us is universal and complete, but our salvation comes through a clearly defined action - not all ways lead to heaven - the action is to accept that, "I am a sinner".... "I cannot be holy and righteous in my own power and strength"... "I cannot live a perfect life and will always sin in this body of flesh"... first and foremost there has to be an acknowledgement of "MY NEED".

The next action is to believe that, "Jesus lived a perfect life for me"... "Jesus died in my place for my sin, even though He sinned NOT"... "Jesus suffered greatly because of my present, past and future sins"... so I must acknowledge "I NEED JESUS".

Finally, I must know that He died and rose, overcame death, so "I CAN LIVE"... "Jesus lives, so I can live"... so "I MUST CHOOSE HIM".

God’s Love for the World
"For in this way God loved the world, so that he gave his one and only Son, in order that everyone who believes in him will not perish, but will have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world in order that he should judge the world, but in order that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not judged, but the one who does not believe has already been judged, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God." ~John 3:16-18 (Lexham English Bible)

Randy Alcorn in his book Heaven says it very well, "God then poured out his wrath on Christ instead of on us. Christ, who stood in our place, conveyed his righteousness to us so that we are declared innocent of all our sins and declared righteous, so we may enter the very presence of God in Heaven and be at home with him there...
..."Only when our sins are dealt with in Christ can we enter Heaven. We cannot pay our own way."

"Salvation is found in no one else [but Jesus], for there is no other name under have given to men by which we are saved" ~Acts 4:12 (New International Version)

As believers we are to allow the Spirit to be our discerning power, not our own understanding from our past or hearsay. I am saddened by the lack of truth that is out there from many who "claim" to be followers of Christ... unsure of something? Pray, seek His Word and ask Him to reveal His truth... He is faithful that way, every time. This is what we are called to do from the beginning of our faith throughout our walk.

Since all scripture is true, all here are chosen to teach through the Holy Spirit in love, concern and wisdom. It is by the authority of my Creator, He who gifted 'us' with teaching of others, not authority of others in the church, but we do all have authority over evil. We are all the church.

So many have the wrong concept of "getting into heaven"... It's not getting into, it's accepting God's gift and we will go home. Let us [let me] share rightly the message of the gospel Father. Help others to have open eyes and hearts that move toward You. We pray for those seeking You tonight, that tonight will be the night of choice, the night that conviction sets in, and God is called out to, and called on. We pray it's you, the one waiting for the right moment, the right push or the right sign... take this as it.

“When I had a sour attitude
and felt stung by pained emotions
I was too stupid to understand;
I was like a brute beast with you.
Nevertheless, I am always with you;
you hold my right hand.
You will guide me with your advice;
and afterwards, you will receive me with honor.
Whom do I have in heaven but you?
And with you, I lack nothing on earth.
My mind and body may fail; but God
is the rock for my mind and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who adulterously leave you.
But for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made Adonai ELOHIM my refuge,
so that I can tell of all your works.” ~Psalm 73:21-28 (Complete Jewish Bible)


©2013 Giving Thanks Daily


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me