Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 991 of Giving Thanks


"And let us not grow weary in doing good for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart" ~Galatians 6:9 (New International Version)

The enemy fights tirelessly to devour your strength and power, but know this CHILDREN OF GOD, our Father in heaven is our UNENDING source for UNENDING STRENGTH AND POWER through the Holy Spirit.

Let us stand firm, bold and in confidence of our Father's work in us.

Do not own "despair"... in fact don't even borrow it. Walk away from it. Pray for strength and lean on God's promises greatly.

There was a big part of me this morning that wanted to do the opposite of what I should do... run, hide, go back to sleep, give in, cry and feel sorry for myself... BUT, I just had to remember who I belong to. Know that I am a favored child of God and with a grateful heart, that would not be honoring to God and very dishonoring to myself.

I will not own or even borrow "despair", how about you?

I have to remember what He did for me. And how much I am loved. We celebrate His resurrection daily. We do it by recognizing our need and abiding in Him for His glory.

In the moments of unknowing, cry out to the All KNOWING and be sure that He will be with you at every turn.

The book of Isaiah foretold of a King to be born... and history proves that He was... A King like no other. A Savior, born to live a perfect life - behold our Lord Jesus AND to die an undeserving death, so we can live.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed." ~John 3:16 (Complete Jewish Bible) 

“[The Resurrection of Christ] Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,” ~1 Corinthians 15:1, 3-4 (New International Version)

As my emotions get the better of me, but not the best of me (for that is God’s) I often feel undone. And in the moments that seem to go on too long or not last long enough depending on the emotion, I ask the Holy Spirit to help me be “undone”. As I thought of this, I decided to see what the dictionary said about undone, and the immediate phrase I held onto, and confirmed my thoughts.

Undone: to reverse the doing of; cause to be as if never done (my faults, my bad decisions, my insecurities, my doubts...); to unfasten by releasing; to untie or loose (a knot, rope, etc.)

Undone.
I want to be undone, so I can be Yours wholly. I want to be undone, so I can fully realize You in me. I want to be undone, so You can reveal who I was created to be... New and Yours.

Awesome, wonderful, mighty God... thank You for all You are for each of Your children. Father, we are grateful for Your presence - Your mercy and favor.

I want to be undone. I am new because of You Father. Thank You.




© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me