Translate

Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 988 of Giving Thanks

Daily I find a new way to be grateful… a new reason to thank God, some days, many reasons. I remember when I first started writing I thought I would run out of things to be thankful for in two posts, well, our God is good in every way. He gives me so much to be grateful for, and to look forward to. For me, the fact that I get to grow and learn daily, is a great motivating truth. I do very well with seeing change. It’s when I can recognize the changes in myself, I seek Him more and the more I seek Him, the more encouraged I am. The more I seek Him and His will, the more change I recognize all around me – and change is good, according to God’s will, of course.

This walk, my journey, is definitely not about "self-evaluation" but evaluation as I become selfless through God's grace and mercy. I am learning to look at who and whose I am more than where I have been… I truly believe He has amazing lessons waiting right at the parameter of what is next, as well as what is now. It truly has been a very humbly time in my life. Between working in a job that is outside of my God-given gifts and challenges that come up so rapidly at times, I barely have time to figure out which are immediate needs and which ones can be ignored. I am trusting my Creator, for He knows what He has for me... I am trusting my Savior, for only He knows how greatly I need Him... I am trusting my Healer, for I am in need for restoration and repair.

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” ~Matthew 6:34 (English Standard Version)

I am so grateful for God's grace and mercy as He moves me daily toward perfection, and knowing I will not be perfect here, but in eternity. Thank You God.

So much to pray about and so much to be grateful for... doing both tonight, and thankful for being able to come in faith and hope so freely to our Creator, our Redeemer and in unending strength. How fortunate a people we are. I want come together and lift those in need tonight; those in our group, and our members. Help us Father to submit everything to You in pure and whole heart for through the Holy Spirit is this even possible - we are in AWE LORD God, mighty Savior for all Your gifts. Help us to be in step, to step out from our fear, anxiety and circumstances into Your will and as You desire us to do so. We thank You for our petitioner and presenter, Jesus and for the translator, the Holy Spirit that all our prayers when sought in obedience are heard and answered. Help us to see Your ways O'LORD, Your path and shining light before us. We come to You in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Exposure...

God's Word pursues, convicts, grieves, saves, refreshes and renews.

I am alive in the LORD, and thankful.

If you are not in the Word, you will not be convicted to renewed through God... Do not lean on your own understanding; allow His understanding, grace, mercy and favor.

The "world" views "Saints" as holy, above others, better than... this is a very inaccurate view of anyone who is or was human - meaning, outside of Jesus, NO ONE is holy, above others or better than... The term, "oh, she is a saint", as said today, does not mean, "Oh she is a major sinner"... because my friends, we all are.

But as children of God, those saved by the work of Christ, we are saints.... I am a child of God, saved by the work of Christ redeemed by His blood but holy and righteous because of His work, not by anything I have done... "a saint".... absolutely! Although a sinner in flesh, I am holy for what He has done.

Work within your strengths and your weaknesses will be strengthened in the process. Lord, help me with this, for others work so desperately to keep me going in the wrong direction. ARGH.

"One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out. Their king will pass through before them, the Lord at their head." ~Micah 2:13 (New Living Translation)

I hear many say that "this life is hard", which I do agree with, however, I prefer to affirm... "this life is temporary and, although it may be challenging at times, we know that the challenge is for and toward a purpose... " HIS PURPOSE, my obedience, let it be.

I hunger and thirst for You Father and daily, I am quenched in new ways... the living Water of my Redeemer for whom, there is no match.

Thank You Father for truth and conviction of the deepest levels. I love You.

You can do all things through Christ Jesus, HE PROMISES YOU THAT.

The narrow road can be rough at times, but with the Holy Spirit as our guide and teacher, and although we may misstep, we will not fall off the cliff, for Jesus' hold is mighty and perfect. Let us always allow Him to determine our steps, our path and our periods of rest. Thank You Father for restoration, mercy through the process and grace unending, in this unfolding life toward perfection.

AWESOME, WONDERFUL, AMAZING.... cannot even begin to describe my God, my Creator for you. But it's a start. Let's praise Him in the best way we can.

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” ~Ephesians 2:10 (New Living Translation)


© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me