Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 990 of Giving Thanks


I have been struggling to write and to be still… and yes, the two are greatly connected. I have had troubling news, anxious moments in my day to day and it is a fight to work through feelings of despair – where they come from I am not sure exactly; but it could be whispers of the enemy, and they are reminiscent of long ago, the moments the phases and the challenges of dealing with too much, and knowing that I was ill-equipped. That was then.

In the moments of my life, I often consider the past, however, the past does not dictate my future or present. I am grateful for all the moments that have brought me to this one.

This is now. Today I know that I can do all things, and He is with me through it all. I know for years I rejected forgiving others in my life; the pain, I thought, was too deep, too settled in and too much a part of who I was. I was wrong.

Forgiving others isn't a chore or a burden; it is a blessing and lifts all burdens. Coming from experience, I know that peace is a different word all together when forgiveness can be poured out. From where true forgiveness flows is from and through Christ.

Help us LORD to forgive those who have hurt us deeply, and who break our hearts to the core of our being. Help us to remember the outpouring of forgiveness we have received as Your children.

The Righteous Will Live by Faith
“I will stand at my post,
    and station myself on the rampart.
And I will keep watch to see what he will say to me,
    and what he will answer concerning my complaint.
“Then Yahweh answered me and said,
“Write the vision and make it plain on the tablet
    so that it might be read quickly.
“For there is yet a vision for the appointed time;
    it will give witness to the end, and it will not lie.
“If it tarries, wait for it,
    for it will surely come and not delay.” ~Habakkuk 2:1-3 (Lexham English Bible)

Are things a mess, an outcome of not so right choices? As His child, God can undo what we begun by finishing in us what He began and always intended.

"And let us not grow weary in doing good for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart" ~Galatians 6:9 (New International Version)

I have watched people change in amazing ways because of God's work in their life. Knowingly and unknowingly seen my own life transform. I am grateful for the ability to reflect and shine, and to see others reflection and the light of Jesus as well. We are designed to work together, differently, uniquely and together. Let us love one another, encourage one another and focus on the things that god will have us do as His church. Let us work in love and through His love. Let us also be aware of the right path we walk on, and each step we take in doing so.

In the moments of my life, I often consider the past, however, the past does not dictate my future or present. I am grateful for all the moments that have brought me to this one.



© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me