Translate

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Thankful Life - December 16, 2014


Yesterday was a very strange day emotionally from the 'get go'... no event actually triggered any changes, yet as soon as I woke up, my heart was gravely lamented – and seeking my God began and continued all day.

On days that are tough, I count on the LORD.... and there have been many rough days lately, emotionally and physically.... So to my Father I run where I am accepted and comforted with open arms because He can handle it all.

He has endured it all... so I can have the strength to endure "just my part".

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." ~Hebrews 12:1-2 (New International Version)

As I listen to those around me… either audibly or visually through the things that I read, I have an inkling of why my heart is so grieved, and I can only imagine how much the heart of our Father is grieved by what He sees; what His children say, live and share. We allow much to filter through to our lives and bleed out to those we are to example to. Every day I pray that my brothers and sisters in Christ will allow the Holy Spirit to lead, that I will be led wholly by the Holy Spirit to live well… to be guided and corrected. And, as we live in this world, and see all that it delivers, we are called to decipher the truth and live righteously according to our Father’s will.

“Behold My Servant, Whom I uphold, My elect in Whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice and right and reveal truth to the nations.” ~Isaiah 42:1 (Amplified Bible)

Let me not be grieved, but celebrate...

This month, we celebrate the birth of Christ… Knowing that the birth of Christ would be nothing without the death, burial and resurrection of Christ – the Messiah. During this time year, many people celebrate! Sometimes what they celebrate isn't quite clear. But it's during this time that we can love in amazing ways and witness the true reason for the season.

God loves you so much and desires you to be His.

Many pray… as believers, we pray to God... and in one breath ask Him to "help" us – and then in action, we reject Him and adhere to what is acceptable to the world.

Father, I pray for our hearts to be Christ-minded... obedient and open to hearing Your leading in all things, even and especially with the things that seem to be minor or harmless or not so important. Help us to be mindful of what YOU DID to save us; that we are burdenless because of YOUR work and love for us; that we are limitless in our abilities to be like You and do Your will every day because of the Holy Spirit in us. Help us to be grieved and convicted to leave this world behind. Help us to leave behind our inappropriateness of speech or actions, our inabilities to operate in fullness of Spirit and let go of the flesh. As an example, but too for our own good and well being. Help us toward our own perfecting in this life of flesh because we need Your help in all this. Through Christ Jesus we petition and plead. Amen.

“I the Lord have called You [the Messiah] for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],
“To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.
“I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images.” ~Isaiah 42:6-8 (Amplified Bible)

If you do not know Jesus... it's time to choose Him. Know that He pursues you... He is for you... and it's all on Him, once you choose. He will help you be obedient, once you are His. Have you asked Him into your life?

"Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out," ~Acts 3:19 (English Standard Version)

We must give our lives to Christ and accept His gift of salvation... His work on the cross DID IT ALL. Romans 10:9 says, "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (New International Version)

Such a giving Father in heaven who prepared the way... and all we have to do to be saved is ask God to come into our life. To be the master over us. And, in that instant, we are saved. It's by the strength of the Holy Spirit AND BECAUSE HE LIVES IN US, that we can be obedient.

I pray for those who do not know You Father… that Your Word, Your promises will be revealed and embedded in their hearts and lives. “teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days until the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 (Lexham English Bible)




‪©2014 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankulLife‬
‪#‎GivingThanksDaily‬
‪#‎LifeincolorandWORDs‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me