Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thankful Life - December 9, 2014


Today is a good day, but when someone asked me, "How are you?", the other day... my immediate thought was, "Now, that's a very complicated question!"

My answer...
"It's been a big week for sleep and dwelling..."

Dwelling in His promise, rather than the 6 roughest days this year.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 (New American Standard Bible)

SURELY I WILL HELP YOU! ~God

I woke up refreshed this morning, and as usual I thanked the LORD for another day and prayed for the strength to focus on the great things in my life. There truly are so many… an amazing Father in heaven who never leaves me, a loving and caring husband who God has softened so greatly over the years, a beautiful daughter whose compassion for others is such a gift… An extended family who prays for me and cares about me. The true meaning of love one another is present in their actions and use of their giftings!

As I got ready for work this morning, and looked in the mirror, I noticed the "battle lines" in my face. I have two vertical lines in my four head that seem to get deeper with every episode of pain that I battle. And my first thought this morning was, "what could I do to ease those lines, to soften them… to make them disappear?"  But through the day as I pondered that, and as I read through Matthew 7, my heart settled on acceptance of these battle lines. They are part of my journey! They are a constant reminder that this battle is not mine, but God's and He's got this.

During a conversation with my husband the other day, I admitted aloud that "I am afraid"… Not only afraid of what was to come with treatment options, but we talked about the "what ifs" as well. I am afraid to hope for result that have not occurred thus far. I admitted too, that I am afraid that he would become discouraged, lose heart and become distant in this process… That it would become even more difficult, even unbearable! And during this time of connection with my husband, which was the first like this, I sensed God comforting me… Speaking gently to His daughter…

It was a great discussion, and God's comfort continued in the lesson on Sunday at church.

The greatest sin is to not believe… To look God square in the face day after day as I don't believe and really relay to Him, "My fears are bigger than You"! Today, I am grateful. For I will not be derailed from my God's healing, my fear will not delay me, my God will deliver me.

In my gleaning this morning... my attention was drawn to our Father's love for His children - that my relationship with Him is what matters. "How much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask!" Let me remember always of this kind of love as I pursue His heart and desires for my life. Let me remember the way He loves me... comforts me... defines me!

I just love this... don't you?

Ask, Seek, Knock“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Is there anyone among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you then, although you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! In everything, treat others as you would want them to treat you, for this fulfills the law and the prophets." ~Matthew 7:1-12 (New English Translation)

God desires all of me. What part of have I not given Him, or haven't surrendered? It's time to give it up. Give it up to have it all. He is my treasure.

God desires all of you. What part of you have you not given him, or haven't surrendered? It's time to give it up. Give it up to have it all. He is your treasure.


 #givingthanksdaily
#thankfullife
#LymeLifeHOPE
#LiveincolorandWORDS

© 2014 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me