Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thankful Life - December 18, 2014


As I fight through a little battle physically this morning, I thought about what all this means to me. Often times we believe the chronic pain is our curse or our cross to bear…For me, the reality it's my blessing… I have the opportunity to seek God more, and if that's what it takes for me to do so then it could never be a curse… It's my Saviors time with me. Daily I have opportunity, after opportunity… Thank you Jesus! I can only do this... live in hope and expectation because I am His. Help me Father to remember this in all my moments today, tomorrow and every day I am this side of Heaven.

"It is because of God that you are in Christ Jesus. He became wisdom from God for us. This means that he made us righteous and holy, and he delivered us. This is consistent with what was written: The one who brags should brag in the Lord!" ~1 Corinthians 1:30-31 (Common English Bible)

I know that if things went smoothly, I would not have sought after or fought toward Him very much. I do notice that when things are going well, I tend to "not bother" God as much – I get complacent. I don’t want to, but it happens… by no means am I saying that God is creating the reasons for me to seek Him, but… if I recognize this about me, I realize that our Father definitely knows this about me.

Father, it is my desire to seek You at all times, including and especially during times that are seemingly going well – while reminding me that “all times” are going well when I remember You.

If there were no tough days, how would we know the good days? If there were no trials, how would we see the miracles?

I found so much joy today as I poured out prayer this morning – God truly comforted my own physical challenges are I brought the challenges of others to Him. My life is very blessed, and my heart and soul have learned to soar through recognizing God’s mercies in the every day. Today, I experienced many mercies… and I am thankful.

“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;    
His mercies never come to an end;they are new every morning;   
great is Your faithfulness.” ~ Lamentations 3:22-23 (English Standard Version)

And as I settle in tonight, I celebrate another day and sing my LORD’s praises in His Word, one of my favorites and such a comfort for my heart – every time!

Psalm 62 (New American Standard Bible)
1 My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. 
3 How long will you assail a man, That you may murder him, all of you, Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence? 
4 They have counseled only to thrust him down from his high position; They delight in falsehood; They bless with their mouth, But inwardly they curse. Selah. 
5 My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken. 
7 On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah.
9 Men of low degree are only vanity and men of rank are a lie;In the balances they go up; They are together lighter than breath.
10 Do not trust in oppression  And do not vainly hope in robbery; If riches increase, do not set your heart upon them. 
11 Once God has spoken; Twice I have heard this:That power belongs to God;  
12 And loving kindness is Yours, O Lord, ,For You recompense a man according to His work."
 

©2014 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

#LymeLifeHOPE
#ThankulLife‬
‪#‎GivingThanksDaily‬
‪#‎LifeincolorandWORDs‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me