Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 968 of Giving Thanks


"Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things]—these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself]. And the world passes away and disappears, and with it the forbidden cravings (the passionate desires, the lust) of it; but he who does the will of God and carries out His purposes in his life abides (remains) forever." ~1 John 2:15-17 (Amplified Bible)

I am a child of God and so fortunate. Thank You LORD for being the best part of me, and making me the best I can be.

Through the most horrible of situations, when seeking God is the primary objective, amazing outcomes can be seen. I am in one of those right now... actually on the back-end of one. There was a time when this situation was unbearable in many ways, but because I cried out to, and counted on God, there are blessings through my changed attitude, heart and desires to please Him even more.

I love You LORD.

I have been struggling wth my quiet time lately; I am not getting up early enough to get that time in. I am not distracted, or too busy, I am tired; my flesh is not cooperating with the healing I have already received – and I am ready for the manifestation of what the mind is pondering. As I write this, I wonder if God is mostly annoyed or amused by my little faith – either way, I know He loves me and already know my downfalls and faults, and with every challenge, obstacle and mountain to climb, I get better. I know He is with me and guides me through.

“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]”  ~John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)

I am truly craving His Word – I want to be completely drenched in His Word, to absorb His promises and devour every amazing morsel deep into my soul. I know that I cannot live for Christ rightly without living through the Word. As I sit here, contemplating all of this, I have to stop and dwell in a word that always encourages me and moves me in the right direction.

We should set time aside for God, and we should always know that all our time is God's time anyway. If you are not living for Christ, you may be struggling more than need be. If you are living for Christ, it doesn't mean life will be without struggles, but that you know that you are not alone in them. So in the busy day to day, the struggle of the moment, the moments you need to be comforted, come to Him, praise Him and know that He is right with you.

I was having the old urge to feel guilty for “not doing this, and not doing that, all in the name of Christ…” but I remembered and went to, “I pray to GOD—my life a prayer—and wait for what he'll say and do. My life's on the line before God, my Lord, waiting and watching till morning, waiting and watching till morning.” ~Psalm 130:5-6 (The Message)

Prayers for others can be as simple as remembering their need, and a word to our Father in heaven on their behalf. It does not have to be fancy or eloquent or long, just acknowledge... and trusting the Holy Spirit is our greatest translator. Today and every day I remember, come as you are, but know that if you truly "come to Him", you will be changed forever. I am forever changed… I am forever grateful for change that is, and change that will be.

Tonight Father, I come to You in hope and joy and thanksgiving for Your Word in my life, your promises that are the depth of me. As Your children, we are thankful to be Yours. I lift my brothers and sisters up Abba for this hope to be every present in their hearts and minds. Thank You LORD for giving us hope beyond hope, grace greater than conceivable and your presence that is undeserved and indescribable – show us gracious God how we truly receive through abiding in You. Let us come to You wholly and completely in the perfect salvation through Christ and in Your strength. Amen.


"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness." ~Romans 10:1-3 (New International Version)



©2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me