Translate

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 971 of Giving Thanks


You never know if you are properly insured UNTIL you try to use the coverage. The one thing about God is you always know His Word is His Word, His grace is sufficient, His mercies are unwarranted, yet everything you need...

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~2 Corinthians 12:9-11 (New International Version)


Our home was burglarized yesterday; door kicked in, things thrown all over the place, missing collectibles, all my writing and artwork that was on my laptop and back-up drive, as well as things not noted with our policy. But as my daughter said last night, "Remember that He uses all things for His good!"

I am quite numb and feeling very uneasy today. I spent the day with my worship music on while I cleaned up and get things back in order. Our bedroom, especially my things were rummaged through, certain they were thinking it's the woman who has all the jewelry... wrong.

I had the most uneasy feeling yesterday morning, (I almost stayed home) so much in fact, I went back to the front door and checked it two times before driving off, and then actually turned around 1/8 mile down the hill and re-checked the door... I woke up thinking I felt really funny and wanted to call in sick, but had too much to do... at lunch I got physically ill (like I had been food poisoned) and almost came home, but toughed it out. I had to stop at the store on the way home, so was going to be late, otherwise I would have been home first to see all this, and quite possibly run into the invaders.

I have been on my feet all day, talking to insurance adjusters, listening to saws and drills as the door repairs were completed, and tonight I just want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head, but there is still work to be done and preparations to be made. I kept telling myself all day, “keep pushing…” especially when I just wanted to get a few hours more sleep. Tomorrow the ‘things to do’ start all over. And there is fear… fear of leaving the house… What if they return to get what they left? What if I return home and someone is here?

WHAT IF GOD IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS?

Well, He is. And, the enemy will not have my fear… We all have things going on, and most on top of the previous thing going on... just keep in His Word... Let us not walk aimlessly praying to be rescued, but walk victorious because we already were.

My friend Noel Robles share this with me today… “As it says in James 1:2, "Consider it all joy when the times of testing comes". 
Yes it may be intimidating! Yes it may seem scary and exciting at the same time! But we cant grow weary for as we gain Endurance we shall lack NOTHING and we will see the Glory of the Lord.”

I will close with this… Do not let the circumstances of your life rule your heart. Let the Creator of the Universe, the Savior of your eternity and the Lover of your soul direct your days.

"The Christian can even welcome trouble When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends! Realise that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance. But let the process go on until that endurance is fully developed, and you will find you have become men of mature character with the right sort of independence. And if, in the process, any of you does not know how to meet any particular problem he has only to ask God—who gives generously to all men without making them feel foolish or guilty—and he may be quite sure that the necessary wisdom will be given him. But he must ask in sincere faith without secret doubts as to whether he really wants God’s help or not. The man who trusts God, but with inward reservations, is like a wave of the sea, carried forward by the wind one moment and driven back the next. That sort of man cannot hope to receive anything from God, and the life of a man of divided loyalty will reveal instability at every turn.” ~James 1:2-8 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

Another great reminder in Day 520 of Giving Thanks: "I started this day with addressing my Father; “I need You today. I am feeling insecure in my flesh, but know that with Your covering, everything is assured. I am feeling weak in my body, and know that I am strong because You are in me. Father, I need You today; thank You that I don't have to ask, yet You answer the call greatly to be with me.”
Layer upon layer, moment upon moment He, not only stands with me, supporting my stand and clearing the path when I am ready to take that step forward. In the moments that “just don’t make sense”, I am assured that nothing is without a purpose. Just giving things and circumstances the proper time to fulfill His plan is what it takes…
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;” ~Proverbs 3:5 (New International Version)
full article: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-520-of-giving-thanks.html


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me