Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 959 of Giving Thanks


Focused on the Goal
"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back." ~Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message)

I cannot relay enough how grateful I am for the many lessons I have received and how grateful I am for the way God has used my deficiencies to grow in amazing ways. Often times, I have an opportunity to look back at what God has done in my life, through this gift of healing and being able to write and learn as I do. Every day I want to be amazed by all the changes He has made in me, but all I can do is be amazed by Him and all the miracles in the simplest of things.

"The lessons of my lifetime are to "LET THINGS GO" and Trust God!!! Now applying these on a day to day, or maybe even a moment by moment basis is a great practice. How many times do I start to do something, and a memory comes back to me about a similar situation? LOTS, the trick is to remember or reflect only on the memories that will move me forward. And, I am not saying forget all the crap or to remember only the wins; I am saying "use what will keep you moving forward affectively". I praise God for all the reminders of this in my life right now. He truly is amazing! Yesterday something that has been said over and over by my business mentor, was said again by my business mentor.And because I have become more aware and open to hearing - ears that hear, I am praying for strength in this area. "There is nothing I am doing wrong. Nothing I need to change. I am good enough." I just need to keep believing in me, and taking the day to day or moment by moment assistance of the Holy Spirit; keep alert, attentive to the details of my surroundings, walk in confidence that His hand is leading me on this path.“Put MYSELF in the Lord’s hands. Let the Lord save ME! Let God rescue ME since he is pleased with ME!” ~Psalm 22:8, (GOD’S WORD Translation) This is now, God is present, and I am destined for great things. How can I not be over-joyed, confident and even more apt to share this life with everyone I know or meet? "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." ~Psalm 9:10 (New International Version)
"He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him." ~Psalm 22:8 (New International Version) "And here I am, a nothing—an earthworm, something to step on,to squash. Everyone pokes fun at me; they make faces at me, theyshake their heads: Let's see how God handles this one; since Godlikes him so much, let him help him!"~Psalm 22:8 (The Message)" ~Day 169 of Giving Thanks
It really all comes down to this simple truth - Let us all pray for the hearts and desires to do and be just that. Christ-like in our actions. Christ-like in our prayer life.



© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me