Translate

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 956 of Giving Thanks

Have I suggested you reading Psalm 42? I love it. And it is really a staple for me. I have been having a tough time in one area of my life, so tough in fact, I have been in tears for months... God pushed me when I didn't want to budge, and just wanted to be the victim, and it is still a push, but I know He is here... I just keep giving everything to Him... I pray the same for you.

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." ~Psalm 42 (King James Version)

I thought that someone out there just might grab one and hold onto it for the day/week... for me a lifetime.

Gratitude for the simple things is what He showed me first. Why? I believe because there are so many little things to be thankful for; but you know we (in this clothing of flesh) we focus on big things, which often times, later on really don't mean all that much in the big picture. Help us LORD to see the majors in the minors and the huge in the tiny.

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy. How great are your works, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep!" ~Psalms 92:1-5 (English Standard Version)

What are some of the simple things you are most grateful for? I know LORD that You not only desire my obedience, but it is needed for me to recognize and realize Your blessings and fulfillment of my heart's desires. Thank You for saving me and drawing me nearer through adhering to Your Word through the promptings, power and strength of the Holy Spirit.

We are fortunate people. As children of God, we have all that we need and all that we will ever need through His amazing grace.

"But I trust in you, O Lord; I Say, You are my God. My times are in your hands; deliver from my enemies and those that pursue me." ~Psalm 31: 14-15 (New International Version)

It is only the LORD Jesus and the work on the cross that saves us... we must believe that His death was for our sins, that anything we do will not save us. Once we accept His gift (His death for ours) we are saved; the Holy Spirit then resides in us and we are God's beloved child. A wonderful thing isn't it?


© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me