Translate

Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 964 of Giving Thanks


I pray the LORD gives you strength to "act", not be passive, to "believe", not be fearful.

“Although he was abused,
    he never tried to get even.
And when he suffered,
    he made no threats.
Instead, he had faith in God,
    who judges fairly.
 Christ carried the burden
    of our sins.
He was nailed to the cross,
so that we would stop sinning
    and start living right.
By his cuts and bruises
    you are healed.
You had wandered away
    like sheep.
Now you have returned
    to the one
who is your shepherd
    and protector.” ~ 1 Peter 2:23-25 (Contemporary English Version)

How many times have I "seen" something, yet not really "seen what it really is"? I tend to pass judgment, based on what I see around me, but is that really what I should do? Should I judge a circumstance or a person in an instant, yet not know what happened the moment before, the day before, the year or years before? Sometimes we just need to love them, AND if led, ask them about what they are going through. Offer an ear, hold a hand, and at the least, pray for them.

Something I thought of as I was “addressing” an issue in my heart. And, whenever I “feel” attacked, or uneasy I have to stop, pray and ask the LORD to show me what “this” is. Is it what it seems? Am I the target or just in the line of fire? And, the most important question is, what can I do?

People with judge you, call you names and the enemy will use your past hurts to bring you down. Let us say, "back off satan, you have no ground here.”

We all have things we need to work on... but when we are so focused on what others are "doing wrong", we loose sight of what God is shedding light on in our own.

We focus on our own correction and focus on others when it comes to love and affection.

We all sin, we all do thing wrong, we are new beings in the same ole fleshly bodies. It's like putting a brand new paint job on an old beater car, EXCEPT we do have one big difference, our fuel is the perfect fuel of the Holy Spirit.

And this is the fuel that will run through what is old and warn out and make it all new... from the inside out.

Thank You LORD.

We have to remember, when change happens, things may appear to be worse, before ever appearing better. But when we keep an eye on the LORD and know that His view is different, we can press in.

Keeping a perspective of God in the key and I find I must learn to “think” differently that the world. I must remember who I belong to, what He did for me and that it is my responsibility to do what He desires and His desire is what my desire will be.

Thank You LORD. 

It's all about attitude and obedience. It’s all about the right perspective, and I will say this again, KNOW WHO I BELONG TO - my Shepherd, my Protector, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Jesus.



©2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me