Translate

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 963 of Giving Thanks


There is only one word to hold dear, “LOVE”. Above all else, love God, the Father. From that, everything else will come. Everything that love is to nourish will grow! What would you do differently if you knew that you had access to power, strength, hope and all the courage you will ever need?

Are you a child of God? 
Have you trusted Jesus? 
Does the Holy Spirit dwell in you?

Then it's time to look at things differently. You are His, take every step like a child of God should. He's right there with you.

”Then one of the scribes came up and listened to them disputing with one another, and, noticing that Jesus answered them fitly and admirably, he asked Him, Which commandment is first and most important of all [in its nature]?“Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord;“And you shall love the Lord your God out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul (your life) and out of and with all your mind (with your faculty of thought and your moral understanding) and out of and with all your strength. This is the first and principal commandment.” ~Mark 12:28-30 (Amplified) 
“Therefore, imitate God like dearly loved children. Live your life with love, following the example of Christ, who loved us and gave himself for us. He was a sacrificial offering that smelled sweet to God.” ~Ephesians 5:1-2 (Common English Bible)

  (NIV) – “Follow God’s example”. ~verse 1
  (HCSB) – “And walk in love, as the Messiah also loved us and gave Himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God.” ~verse 1

“Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.” ~Ephesians 5:6-7 (New International Version)
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.” ~1 Peter 4:8-11 (New International Version)

In this life, that completely bombards us our senses and our sensitivities - This life, that seems to ‘take away’ our sensibilities and reason - Let us stay in the WORD so that we can recognize His light shining to the path we are to go, the words we are to heed, the things we are to see, the truth we are to hear and the things that will move our heart toward Him daily, and in every moment.

”Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.' And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' There is no other commandment that ranks with these." ~ Mark 12:29-31 (The Message Bible)

We Are God's Children“The Father has loved us so much that we are called children of God. And we really are his children. The reason the people in the world do not know us is that they have not known him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and we have not yet been shown what we will be in the future. But we know that when Christ comes again, we will be like him, because we will see him as he really is. Christ is pure, and all who have this hope in Christ keep themselves pure like Christ.” ~1 John 3:1-5 (New Century Version)

”I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” ~Galatians 2:20 (Amplified Bible)

“If you keep My commandments [if you continue to obey My instructions], you will abide in My love and live on in it, just as I have obeyed My Father's commandments and live on in His love. I have told you these things, that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy and gladness may be of full measure and complete and overflowing. This is My commandment: that you love one another [just] as I have loved you.    “No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends. You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do. I do not call you servants (slaves) any longer, for the servant does not know what his master is doing (working out). But I have called you My friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father. [I have revealed to you everything that I have learned from Him.]” ~John 15:10-15 (Amplified Bible)
“But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” ~Romans 5:8 (New Living Translation)

God of wonder... 

When I was a child, we use to play hide and seek, I often think of that as an adult and wonder why when we have such an amazing God, we try to hide. I say "try", because we can never be where He cannot find us.

God of wonder....

Now that I am His child, no longer an enemy of God I seek, no longer hide, to be wholly in His presence.



©2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).
Originally shared on Equip His People, Ephesians 4:11-13 on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 1:35pmhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me