Translate

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 961 of Giving Thanks


No matter what kind of day you are having, you can change it. Everything comes down to thought. Our thoughts control us. Regardless of our circumstances, we can still remember who God is for us and who we are because of Him - this right here is every reason to REJOICE. As we set out on this day, continue this day or end this day, let us remember all the amazing things He has done and has shown us. I can spend days reveling in the good of our LORD in my life, HOW ABOUT YOU? 

Self-loathing does not edify Christ...when we are His, we will get knocked down, dragged through and trampled on. However, we can decide to stand up, allow Him to lift us back up and brush off the world as many times as it takes and SHOW God in our life.

In the mud and the muck, we still can shine Jesus through our faith that we are eternally set, believe Him and trust His will be done.

Pray, trust, believe, hope, live well!

Friends, let me encourage You to keep pressing in, pushing forward and leaning on Him. Let me encourage you, as so many have continued to encourage me – He is here! You are not alone! He has a plan! And, you are dearly, sincerely and sacrificially loved beyond measure.

So today, let me praise again and again for the words that come, the Word that is to share, the times in the Word, as well as all the wisdom shared as the Holy Spirit directs, corrects and confirms every single step. I am praying greatly for a breakthrough, and that I can break through the holding points in my mind. That I can break free from the things that stop me in my tracks, produce fear or anxiety and all the thoughts that hold me captive, rather than me holding every thought captive through Him.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 (New King James Version) 

He is faithful to His word and promises. You can trust Him in all things – this truth is what keeps my mind away from the thoughts that harm me. Knowing that He is for me, I am His, and nothing can change that.

In all things we do, we should remember the LORD, His gift and giftings for us, and all the gifts we can be giving to others through our activities.

Some of us, including me, spend so much time on activities that neither serve God or grow us toward Him. I am not saying, don't be passionate about the things you enjoy in life, but realize how much time you are spending there and reflect on the times spent with God. And, it's not about balance or works for the LORD. He TRULY DESIRES YOU TO KNOW HIM... He already knows you, but wants you to share that with Him.

Just something to ponder as I was scheduling my week and deciding how much time for this, how much time for that.

My questions to all of us are, "Where is God in your schedule?" AND "Doesn't it make sense to make sure He is in everything?"

So, to tie all this together, let me close with this. Good start or bad start, we can change it. We change it through thought, and our thoughts change through knowing who we are in Him. We know who we are in Him, by getting to know Him… reading His Word, spending time with Him and making that our top priority. With God as our priority, we change, oh so thankful I am for time with our Father, and open for change.

“Delight yourselves in God, yes, find your joy in him at all times. Have a reputation for gentleness, and never forget the nearness of your Lord.“Don’t worry over anything whatever; tell God every detail of your needs in earnest and thankful prayer, and the peace of God which transcends human understanding, will keep constant guard over your hearts and minds as they rest in Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 4:4-7 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me