Translate

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 955 of Giving Thanks


“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” ~ Ephesians 3:17-19 (New International Version)

There are so many things that distract me from focusing on what needs to be done. Does this break God’s heart, what does it do to my heart? If I focus on dwelling in my Savior, trusting his path, believing I am His, then my heart is full of Him completely. If I dwell in the possibility that He knows the right way, the next step and is my perfect plan, then my heart is full of Him completely. If I am aware of His presence and adhere to His desires for my life, then my heart is full of Him completely.

Help me Father to discern and navigate at a different level. Let me not be passive about my direction, my goals, YOUR PLANS FOR MY LIFE.  As I look at things, as an idea comes into my mind, thank the LORD, then ask Him to show me what to do with this thought toward action. If we can draw/train our minds to think along with the Holy Spirit for direction (knowledge is good, wisdom in using that knowledge is the key), we can be in step with God’s plan and direction for our lives. Wisdom tells us how to use any particular knowledge we have.

I really and truly love everyone, but I am mostly blessed by those who are not hyper-critical of others... grace is not just what we receive from God, but what we should be sharing with others, brothers and sisters in the LORD also. Let us be aware of how we treat others. Quite honestly, I get greatly distracted by others and how I am treated - and rather than looking at who I am AND WHOSE I AM, I can get derailed by what others say. It seems the last few or five years have been years of change, beyond any change I could have imagined, and growth I could only dream of, and I am still changing, still growing – all praises as I continue to step out in faith, step out in confidence that the LORD gives me.  With every day that goes by I am convinced more and more that I am being drawn nearer and nearer; whether through my trials, or through His triumphs in my life. Thankfully, there are many more changes to occur.

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” ~Ephesians 2:10 (New Living Translation)

I am excited for many things going on, and I am learning to let go of the fear, the worry and the apprehension.  You are my courage, my “letting go” and my reason to step out. I am excited to step in to the masterpiece you have for me in this life and toward the next.


© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me