Translate

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 949 of Giving Thanks

Every day is a new day to rest in Him; take all your worries and concerns and put them where they belong... in God's hands.

"This is the message that we have heard from him and announce to you: “God is light and there is no darkness in him at all.” ~1 John 1:5 (Common English Version)

I love 1 John when I am needing to remember God's love, I read through it and am encouraged greatly...
I am really contemplating something today. I haven't felt good in a week, a cold or something. I notice when I am tired, not feeling well or just frustrated, I look at things differently and often with the wrong lenses. am wondering if it is an act of avoidance. I have done very little for five days now – I am very tired, a little down and ready for something “to give” in my life. It's not that my life is "bad" or "unbearable", it's just that I really desire a change, yet feel quite stuck in this funk.

I know that I can pray my heart out, and have others pray for me, but NOTHING WILL happen until I take action, move forward in faith and step out of these feelings.

Father, I ask for strength and courage to believe it can be different. That I can be who You designed me to be. That I am more than what I see in the mirror, in the reflection of this life that is filled with work, not fitting; illness, not desired – but I know that it is up to me to make the changes necessary to have fulfilled work and a healthy outlook. As I pray today, I am reminded greatly of the opportunity I have daily to seek You and Your will for my life. I am greatly aware that I have vastly squandered my time, the precious time You have given me... and I also realize that I must fully come to the end of me before I can wholly devour all that You have for me. I have lived wastefully and desire so much to live in abundant gratitude and thankfulness that I can shine and completely believe. With the faith of a mustard seed Father, I am ready, take me to the promise land and help me to see through new eyes, Your eyes as I look upon this life that is my life, but belongs to You. Amen.

And, again I make the choice to be encouraged and live for Him. Again, I step out in faith, and realize what needs “to give” is me… give daily all that I am to what has to be done and accomplished. It is me that needs to be the action behind the change through the amazing strength, power and will of a mighty God. Sometimes we have to slow down to keep up. Learning to rest in the LORD is a worthwhile way to spend our time... and as I mentally and physically prepare to begin again tomorrow, I keep Him in mind and on my mind. Let me not be discouraged, for a discouraged heart breaks on a whim, and a prepared and hopeful heart soars through fires and knowing that freedom, even amongst the flames is right here within me.

“It is to freedom that you have been called, my brothers. Only be careful that freedom does not become mere opportunity for your lower nature. You should be free to serve each other in love. For after all, the whole Law toward others is summed up by this one command, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself’.” ~Galatians 5:13 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

For me, freedom has been realized through much prayer and getting to know my Father in heaven. Freedom is through knowing You Father God. Thank You for loving me and giving me so much through the blood of Jesus, for You Jesus for Your work on the cross and Your love so great that You saved me. I praise You God and appreciate the lessons that are so great in this life. I praise You for lifting from the muck and mire of this world and Your promises of an eternity with You. I love You and I am so humbled by Your love. Amen



© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me