Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 947 of Giving Thanks


A Day Off
… time with God
… visit my doctor
… quick grocery run
… grab mom and off to have lunch with a friend
… run a few errands and shopping with mom
… nap
… read
… walk with my daughter
… write and study

“Since then it is by faith that we are justified, let us grasp the fact that we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have confidently entered into this new relationship of grace, and here we take our stand, in happy certainty of the glorious things he has for us in the future.
“This doesn’t mean, of course, that we have only a hope of future joys—we can be full of joy here and now even in our trials and troubles. Taken in the right spirit these very things will give us patient endurance; this in turn will develop a mature character, and a character of this sort produces a steady hope, a hope that will never disappoint us. Already we have some experience of the love of God flooding through our hearts by the Holy Spirit given to us.” ~Romans 5:1-5 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

Father, this day is Yours. Help me as I talk with the doctor, help me discern, evaluate and trust my gut. Help me know what to do, how to react and respond as I go through my day. I need the Holy Spirit work here now and tomorrow. If healing is Your will LORD, let it be. If I am to deal with being tired, grow show me how I am to do this… for I am at a loss, not disheartened, not discouraged, just tired of being tired. Help me to know Your strength. Amen.

This is part of a prayer I wrote as I sat waiting in the doctor’s office, and what landed in my heart as I waited, was that I was not in that room alone. What I pondered, wrote and scribbled was the cry that was for God (those words are not here...) But in this process I sensed that hope was not going to be in the words my doctor, although his words could be hopeful; my hope lies in the knowledge of being His daughter, loved so greatly that I am already healed. This is not a new revelation, in my heart, deep from that inner voice I constantly hear, “I am enough!” That inner voice is the voice of a Father who has always known me, watches over me, encourages me through many avenues and battles the battles I never see. The Savior who wins the wars that are hidden from these earthly eyes and the Savior who whispers, “keep going, the hard part is already won; keep pressing in for I know the words you need; take heart, capture my promises in the deepest part of your heart and mind; know that I am here and you are mine…” That inner voice is the Holy Spirit, God’s gift reminding me of who I am as well as whose I am. 

“There is no comparison between God’s gift and Adam’s failure. If humanity died as the result of one person’s failure, it is certainly true that God’s kindness and the gift given through the kindness of one person, Jesus Christ, have been showered on humanity.” ~Romans 5:15 (GOD’S Word Translation)

The Word of the LORD does not compare to any good or even great news of this world; but as we grow and learn His will and plans for our life, this journey is one of great expectation. Even when what is received is different than what was “expected in the flesh”, we can trust that what we experience “in the Spirit” is greater than expected in every instance… We can expect great things because of the “good news we were freely given”.

So, as this day completes, I am grateful for all things accomplished, and all those that were not. My list was complete, but I did not complete my list. I did exactly what He knew I would and I will pray for the greatest of gleanings as I rest and rest in the work of the Holy Spirit as I sleep.

In closing, mighty, faithful and perfect God, thank You for this day, a “day off”; for the time spent with family and the time spent in contemplation. Thank You for all the changes in my heart and in my body. Thank You that I can glorify and honor You through the good, great and otherwise indescribable moments. And, if Your will, You know my deepest and most heartfelt desires. Amen.




© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me