Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 954 of Giving Thanks


My encounter with fear like nothing else threw me for a loop recently. Today as I sit here asking God for favor and a ‘miracle’ with this one situation and among many distractions, the light bulb went on in my heart – this heart of mine which does not always see the light, but does know who is the light; this heart that often feels very heavy, yet knows who carries the weight; this heart that doesn't see all that is around me, but desires never to be blinded; this heart that was broken and is whole, even when I don’t notice.

Jesus, You are my heart’s desire, my heart’s need and my heart’s everything. We are fickle, fragile and forgetful people, help us to remember who our hearts belong to and how simple it is to know our heart’s owner and our provider for all things. I am reminded that “I can do all things through Christ” and no matter what comes my way, I can trust “Father knows best”, His plan is perfect while I am being perfected.

Friends, you are on my heart today as I dwell in my Father’s presence and come to Him on our behalf. May we see Him, know His grace and recognize His mercies and favor in our lives. May we, as Your children LORD be ever aware of who You are for us. May we seek to understand and adhere to Your ways. May we let go of all that is not You in our hearts and work diligently to hear Your desire for our lives as we learn to service you more intently and know You more deeply. Amen.



Again, I say, “My life is a prayer”, “His will be mine”, “My heart’s desires flow from His desires for me.” My personal prayer… Can I let go LORD? Can I see all that is evil and wrong in my heart, and through my thoughts? Help my thoughts be pure and clear.  As you taught us and are trying to teach us through Your instruction in Matthew .

“This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father(A) in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one." ~Matthew 6:9-13 (New International Version)

In reviewing "the LORD's prayer" today in our teaching on How to Pray, Imitating Jesus, our pastor reminded us that it really is not "the LORD's prayer" but "our prayer". During his reminder, I was truly convicted that it's not the mantra of the prayer (the words, the structure) but the rhythm of the prayer, the heart of the prayer and the obedience of the prayer.

I have been absent much during these past many weeks, and I apologize and praise God for the other teammates who pray with you all. I have been having my share of attacks, but probably not what you think. I know I have grown in so many ways while on this journey and fellow-shipping with you all, but as all of us, there are a couple of areas where I can greatly attack myself (forget anything the enemy slings at me) through doubt from habit, worry from habit, insecurities from habit... what good do all those things serve. In my heart today, I asked myself, "if I am not serving God through my actions, then who am I serving?"

We all have issues, it comes with this fleshly clothing... and thankfully, all of us here has God as well, WHO, BY THE WAY, loves us even in our covering of flesh. What I really desire is to desire Him through everything. What do I mean? In my tiredness, my doubtfulness, my anxiety, my fear, I hide. Do any of you do that (you don't have to answer here); do any of you fear even the complete healing for fear that there will be nothing else to hang on to?

The challenge was given by this much wiser (much younger) pastor today. When we come before the LORD and ask, make sure we ask with a clear heart... is there unforgiveness, resentment, fear, a troubled heart, (fill in the blank)... if so, God is getting less of us... and HE WANTS ALL OF US IN OUR SPECIAL TIME WITH HIM... the dark, the empty, the shallow, the selfishness, the hurt, the pride....


© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me