Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 951 of Giving Thanks


Do you trust the LORD or just say you do? Do you believe that He died for you or just say He did? Do you live in hope, or just hope to someday?

These questions I ask myself often. Then I remind myself… Trust the trustworthy and faithful God...

Are you having trouble with this? Begin with something small, remember it's “us” who put the walls up; not our King and Savior – He tore them all down on the cross.

Honestly, I do have trouble with this; I say I trust… then fret over something that “might” come up and probably will never happen anyway. I have never been a worrier, yet I worry... this is my “need to work on”, one of several.

If we feel there is nothing that we need to work on, but so much others do... then we are living in denial of the truth pertaining to our own sinful, deceitful and lying self. We are all in need of change, growth and God's intervention in our life. We cannot be fully healed in these bodies, but completely submitted to the change He has for us. Let us be aware of all that we must change, and watch while God works on everyone else. I praise You Father for all You do to keep me moving in Your direction. I thank You that I can recognize that I need change, and I appreciate when I am reminded of such.

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside still waters."~Psalm 23:2 (American Standard Version)
"Even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me."~Psalm 139:10 (Amplified Bible)

Selfish and prideful are the moments when your needs are greatest in your heart and mind... Selfless is when you put others first, and trust the Holy Spirit in you to do so.

We are a society of "giving up" so easily... maybe it's because we "get so much in abundance" and just expect things to be easier than they are. LORD God, tonight I want to lay something down, walk away, cry about it or just say, “no more”, yet I cannot. I am not sure I really want “easy”, but hard is too hard right now. I am not sure what is next, but I pray that I can see the steps to be taken, and the path to follow and the instructions and corrections to heed as I make decisions... Father, let me be wise in my daily actions. Let me edify You through all that I do. Let me remove my needs for the needs of others, especially in the toughest of times. Let me see You in all those I am to love, especially when I don't see a way to love them. Amen.


The enemy, who greatly uses the ways of the world will bring you down through comfort and complacency. Don't be fooled by niceties and compliments; allow the Holy Spirit to guide You and Your every move. Be comforted by knowing that You are doing things according to God's will and His plan, AND in obedience... His strength will get you through, your own will wear you out.

Are you down? Depressed? Feeling sorry for yourself? Feeling alone? Wondering where God is?

It's time to let go of these "feelings" and grab onto His promise that "I will never leave nor forsake you...", "You are fearfully and wonderfully made..."

HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH, HE GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE... His shed blood.

HE LOVES ME SO MUCH, HE GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE… His shed blood, for me.

As I settle in and look to hear You Father, I receive this verse and I will ponder it for a while, as I work to “let go”, allow You to lift me and rest in Your assurances.

“A pretentious, showy life is an empty life;    a plain and simple life is a full life.The rich can be sued for everything they have,    but the poor are free of such threats.The lives of good people are brightly lit streets;    the lives of the wicked are dark alleys.Arrogant know-it-alls stir up discord,    but wise men and women listen to each other’s counsel. Easy come, easy go,    but steady diligence pays off. Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick,    but a sudden good break can turn life around. Ignore the Word and suffer;    honor God’s commands and grow rich. The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,    so, no more drinking from death-tainted wells! Sound thinking makes for gracious living,    but liars walk a rough road. A commonsense (through God's Word and guidance) person lives good sense;    fools litter the country with silliness. Irresponsible talk makes a real mess of things,    but a reliable reporter is a healing presence.” ~ Proverbs 13:7-17 (The Message)

I love this last line… “but a reliable reporter is a healing presence.”

Sometimes taking that next step is a scary one; sure footing may not be possible, but knowing that God is holding on to me will force me to step anyway. I don’t want to be a bring a message of discouragement through the days I live out, I want to be an example of God’s hope and the amazing joy through Christ’s work on the cross. If I can do anything in this life, let it be that.


© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me