Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 948 of Giving Thanks

Life is an adventure... an amazing opportunity daily to discover new things in this world, as well as about ourselves. Adventures can be those of planning, or those of mishap, or those of divine arrangement, but no matter what the adventure we can know that we are not in this alone, and there is a plan and purpose just for each one of us. For me the adventure is captured through prayer and petition to my amazing Father in heaven. I can summarize my last week in these following words...



I am so grateful for El Roi.

Right now it seems the only one who sees me is God... and I am learning that is enough for right now. There are days when I have serious brushes with the enemy - and what can I do but pray; what can I do but trust; what can I do but cry out to God to strengthen me and encourage me through His promises. The enemy will tell you anything and everything to bring you up from your knees... how comfortable are you? Maybe it's time to be a little uncomfortable to be more aware of how much damage satan's ways can do...

El Roi, The God Who Sees....

He cares for every hair on my head, every worry and concern, every arrow that is pierced deeply into my emotions... I cry out El Roi, and thank You for being the God Who Sees all that is before me, all that has occurred and all that is endured.

Father, for all these times when this world just seems to be so hard, and I can run to You and be strengthened and be comforted by all You have shared with me and all that You will reveal to me. Thank You for being here right now, in this moment when I feel so alone in my household and so upheavaled in these emotions. Let me be comforted now. Let me feel safe, that someone truly does love me and I am not alone. I am not alone. Thank you Jehovah Shammah - for you are here... Amen.


"The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows (recognizes, has knowledge of, and understands) those who take refuge and trust in Him." ~Nahum 1:7 (Amplified Bible)


Wherever you are, there He will be... Let us live in a way that invites Him in – in all the moments of our days, and all the times of this adventure.

Overwhelmed
Overwhelmed and no longer burdened because 
I know that I am Yours better than I know anything 
else that runs through this heart and mind.
I am looking to be overwhelmed LORD...

Overwhelmed with Your promises.
Overwhelmed with grace in my heart for others.
Overwhelmed with a peace that pain 
no longer matters and Your presence is 
everything I need...
Overwhelmed and willing to visualize and embrace 
Your amazing goodness through all these earthly distractions.

Overwhelmed and no longer burdened because I know that 
I am Yours better than I know anything else that runs 
through this heart and mind.

Your promises I hold. Your grace I embrace. 
Your peace I revel in. You I hold dear and close.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I don't know about you, but I find myself "fighting" through so many feelings that I loose focus - Stop fighting feelings and embrace His promises.

"Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." ~1 Peter 5:7 (Amplified Bible)


God has many promises, which are shared on this page every day. The feelings are different for everyone... Mine were insecurities... fighting things like "I'm not good enough", "I'm a failure"... His promise of WE ARE WONDERFULLY MADE, LOVED BEYOND MEASURE BY OUR CREATOR, WE HAVE A PLAN AND A PURPOSE.

You are here LORD, and I am grateful. I am learning to recognize You more and more. Thank You that Your presence is a fact, and not a feeling. Thank You that I can trust You and be with You at any moment, in every moment.

Thank You LORD for capturing all of our tears, and being with us through all our sorrows and pain. Thank You Father for giving us peace and hope even in the midst of attacks, physical and spiritual. We love You and so want to glorify You inall things. Help us to come out from under the covers when we want to pull them over our heads; to get dressed when we want to stay in our pajamas; to smile and experience joy in the moments that are less than perfect (which is every moment)... because perfection will not be here. Amen.

"The Lord gives perfect peace to those whose faith is firm." ~Isaiah 26:3 (Contemporary English Version)

LORD, I am in need.... it has been a day of being overwhelmed, under-appreciated and one moment of of being quite defensive - effectively responding in an old pattern, which came out of the blue. Oh LORD, being humbled through my own words brings me running to Your Word. Although the Words that flew out of my mouth in complete form, and way too late to retract them... So, LORD, I will continue to praise You through the evening and wait to hear from You Father how I can remedy this one...

"Do everything without complaining or arguing. Then you will be blameless and innocent. You will be God’s children without any faults among people who are crooked and corrupt. You will shine like stars among them in the world as you hold firmly to the word of life. Then I can brag on the day of Christ that my effort was not wasted and that my work produced results." ~Philippians 2:14-16 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

As the weekend closes out, we thank You for giving us time with You and an opportunity to be in Your presence through our week and all of our days. Thank You for giving us hope daily, love eternally and joy unending. Amen

© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me