Translate

Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 946 of Giving Thanks


We often set our minds on something and pray, pray, pray... I have tried to bargain with God in the past suggested I do and He can do or give to receive and all together neglect to ask Him, "God, what is Your plan?"

We will not understand His ways in the middle of the circumstance, but we can ask Him to give us eyes to see what is truly there.

You could start asking, "How LORD can I do this even though it's not what I desire or planned?" OR "What God can I do differently to see Your ways as the desire of my heart?"

There are so many things that I “want” to accomplish, and I tend to lean on an old habit of “pushing through”, and in most cases this is ok – pushing through an emotion, or a storm, or even a task… but the LORD tells us often to “rest in Him” as we go about our daily living. In this life, we will encounter circumstances that are not pleasant, and far from appealing, however, we can know (because He promises us) that He is with us for every moment of whatever we come upon. So, my constant “push and pull” is do I keep pushing through the exhaustion? Do I rest and slow down? Do I …?

I run full on to my Father in heaven and trust that whatever I do, He already knows regardless of “push or pull”, and I wait for confirmation, confirmation and clarification.

God’s encouragements are adequate for all life’s troubles“Thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, that he is our Father and the source of all mercy and comfort. For he gives us comfort in our trials so that we in turn may be able to give the same sort of strong sympathy to others in theirs. Indeed, experience shows that the more we share Christ’s suffering the more we are able to give of his encouragement. This means that if we experience trouble we can pass on to you comfort and spiritual help; for if we ourselves have been comforted we know how to encourage you to endure patiently the same sort of troubles that we have ourselves endured. We are quite confident that if you have to suffer troubles as we have done, then, like us, you will find the comfort and encouragement of God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

And, what I realize is that it's not the "push and pull" that is needed, it's the drawing nearer to Him that is the key. So now, let me pray, pray, pray and trust… pray, pray, pray and act… pray, pray, pray.




© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

2 comments:

  1. I know all about "pushing through" my invisible limitations. I even learn that sometimes I am limited in my ability to push through them. The tough thing is to know when to "push through" and when to "accept". That takes wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your note... that is the wisdom I am seeking. It's like the resting in Him and resting comparison; we cannot do this daily fight without the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me